What The?

A/N Sorry about not updating for a while. Haven't really had wifi and I hit a little writers block. But I've got a new chapter, and I hope you enjoy it! Comment what you think, love, follow, and enjoy!!
.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Later that night, you woke up to Hiccup leaving the bed. Well, you didn't really "wake up". In all honestly you couldn't get to sleep, mostly because Hiccup kept tossing and turning. He walked into the bathroom and shut the door behind him. You could make out the light from under the door lightening up the room a little. 

After a couple minutes, you heard the toilet flush and the sink turn on. Once it turned off, the door opened, and the light blinded your shut eyes for a moment. Instead of going back to the bed, you felt Hiccup looking down at you, and you had to hold back a smile. He must have been checking if you were asleep or not.

After a couple seconds, he left and walked quietly over to his desk. You heard him pull out a notebook from the draw, and then the sound of him sharpening a pencil with his knife. He lite a candle that barely made any light and starting to write something.

After 10 minutes of being curious, you shuffled in the bed and turned to look at him. "Hiccup?" You said trying to sound groggy from sleep. "What are you doing?" He jumped at your words and quickly turned to you. "N-nothing. Just couldn't sleep." You watched him closely as he hid some stuff behind him.

Mustering up the strength to leave the warm covers, you kicked them off and walked over to him. "R-really. There's nothing to see." He said stepping in front of you. "Hiccup, just let me, ow."

"Uh, sorry." He replied looking sheepishly at you. He just stepped on your foot. It didn't hurt that bad, but it was with his left foot. "Well, to make up for it, you can show me what you're doing!" Quickly you grab the papers from behind him and turned away to look at them. "H-hey!" He wrapped his arms around you trying to get them back. You laughed and looked at them in the dim light. It wasn't writing like you expected. It was a picture. A circle with notes suggest different metals. On the circle were other ones with their own arrows pointing to them.

"Hiccup what is this?" He grabbed the papers from you in your confusion and hid them. "It's nothing. Just some blacksmith stuff." You looked closely at him. "If it's nothing then why are you acting so strange?"

"I'm not acting strange." He said bluntly. With that he turned around and started to rearrange his stuff. "I just couldn't sleep, so I decided to get some work done." You watched him for a little while until he turned around. His smile warmed you as he came closer, grabbing your hips. Once close, he rubbed your noses together, then pulled back. "You should get your rest. You're sleeping for two after all."

"And what about you?" You crossed your arms across your chest. "I already got some sleep today. And I'll be back in bed in an hour or so." You sighed but nodded your head. True be told, you were really tired. "Fine, one hour." He smiled again and pecked your lips. "See you in the morning."

"Probably is morning.." You mumbled turning back to the bed. You heard him chuckled as you snuggled down and closed your eyes. The minute your head hit the pillow, you began to drift off into sleep.

*** (Time skip to next week) ***

You brushed through your hair slowly. Tomorrow was your birthday, and you would be turning 18. For some reason it seemed that 17 was so young compared to 18.

Over the week, there had been no attacks from the outcasts, and the search parties had found nothing. Hiccup wasn't around much anymore. He was always either in the house up in his room, out looking for Toothless or at the forge making things. You couldn't blame him though, he was just trying to keep himself distracted from thinking about what happened.