Happy Birthday

A/N: Gahh... It's been a while. But I did have a fun time a homecoming :) Anyway thanks so much for being patient <3 you guys are the best readers
.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

Hiccup's P.O.V
I was so close to falling asleep. In fact I'm pretty sure I was in a light sleep when I felt a rush of freezing wind come across my body. I sat up and looked around to find out why it had gotten so cold. The window board in front of me had given slightly and was letting some of the icy air inside.

Despite my wanting to, I got up and walked over to it grabbing a hammer and a single nail on the way. I pushed it back and lightly hammered it back into place. Once it was all set, I let out a small sigh and listened to the wind. It was still wiping past the house, but it was not as fast as it was, signaling that it would be over in a couple hours.

I always found it strange how people would come to live on Berk. It was cold and there were many blizzards. We had about 3 months of warm weather and then everything else was exactly like this. Why would anyone want to live here? I sighed again and gently patted the board. It groaned under my touch and then sprang open. Half of it had broke off and hit me in the chest, sending me back.

"Hiccup, what on earth?" Valka came from around the corner and over to me. "Oh just great. Fern! We need you down here." I got up and regained my breath. "We need to get new wood for this." I told my mom. She nodded and rushed to get something to cover the hole. Fern came down within seconds of her leaving. "What's going on?" He asked. I didn't have to tell him anything. He saw the hole and simply grabbed the blanket I was using and nailed it up.

"That won't hold for long." I told him. Once he was finished putting the nail up he turned to me. "You have a better idea?" Against my will, I shook my head. Thankfully, Valka had come back with some smaller pieces of wood. Together we all helped brace the blanket with some of the wood we had. Valka sighed and sat down, tired. "I sure hope that holds." I nodded in agreement. "I wonder how the other villagers are doing."

"Spoken like a true chief." She smiled over at me. Honestly, I didn't want to be chief. I had so many other things going on, I just didn't want to have to deal with the whole village yet. I simply wasn't ready. "Yeah, chief." I said hoping to get away from the topic.

Then I remembered something, my birthday gift for (y/n). I needed to finish wrapping it. Her birthday was today after all. I made my way over to the closet and pulled out a small box, paper and a bow. The gift was in my pocket. After setting everything down on the table, I pulled it out and placed it in the box. "What's that?" I turned and smiled at my mom. "Just a gift for (y/n). It's her birthday." She smiled and examined my gift. "It's beautiful! Did you make it yourself?" I nodded proud of what I had made. "Yep, it took me a week, but I finally got it done."

"She'll love it." I smiled as I put the top on the box and continued to wrap it. It didn't take that long to actually finish wrapping it. Despite wanting to give it to her now, I decided to just wait until morning. Well, more into the morning. I left the box on the table and told Valka and Fern I was going to sleep. They told me goodnight and I headed up the my room.

Careful not to wake a possible sleeping (y/n), I opened the door quietly and peeked in. She turned her head and looked at the door and smiled when she saw me. Her hair was messed up and the little makeup she had on was smeared but gods was she beautiful.

"Hey." She said laying back down. "Hey." I said back closing the door behind me and walking over to the bed. "Are you feeling any better?" I sat on the edge of the bed and rubbed her shoulder, her back was to me. She shrugged and put her hand over mine. "Better I guess. It still hurts, but I'll be ok." I noted she was a lot calmer than before. "I'm glad you're feeling better." I removed my hand from under hers to take my shoe off. Once it were, I climbed in behind her. "You're cold." She commented. Despite her saying that, she huddling her body closer to mine. "Yeah sorry about that. It's colder downstairs. One of the boards broke, and we had to cover it." She hummed, "I heard you downstairs fixing it." I nodded and let my hand roam over her body. It was becoming hard to have time where it was just be the two of us.