⋆two

Smoothie, a thick, smooth drink of fresh fruit pureed with milk, yogurt, or ice cream.

Sora

My freezing body stood outside in the chill, winter air. The snow that had fallen a few days ago had yet to melt. I craved the heat, so without thinking, I jogged to the first store I could find. Lucky for me, it was a food & beverage store; my dry throat and empty stomach were in need of some care.

I entered with a hasty step, the small bell at the entrance ringing as I walked past the glass doors.

"Welcome" said a man with a peachy red head of hair, his lips curling into a warming smile. "Cold?".

I nodded in response, rubbing myself in attempt to warm up. The boy gestured to the seat next to the large, black table, the aircondition working behind it. "You might want to sit there" He paused "It's the warmest place in the store". I took a seat, a sense of relief overcoming me when the warm breeze massaged my scalp.

I closed my eyes, enjoying the heat that was engulfing me into its warm embrace.

"Nice huh?" I heard the man's voice close-by, and I opened my eyes slowly to see him standing next to me. He handed me a menu sheet, and I smiled at his offer.

"I'll take an orange smoothie and a spinach pie" I said, and he scribbled my order down on his yellow pad, giving me a slight bow before making his way back to the counter.

"Jungkook, an orange juice please" The muffled voice of the boy was heard from what I supposed was a stock room. Jungkook must've been his co-worker. In this case, the tall brunette behind the coffee machine with the bunny-like smile. "Comin' right up" The other boy, Jungkook, shouted back at him, signaling that he got the message.

My eyes scanned the rest of the space. It was kind of small, with crisp white walls, wooden tables, and red chairs and couches. It looked like something from a local magazine.

I flipped my phone out as I waited for my food to get ready, scrolling endlessly through Instagram and my other social media. There was nothing new, nothing interesting as always.

The table shook slightly. I looked up to see the boy with the brown hair, my smoothie left on the table. I picked it up, taking a sip from the thick straw and feeling my taste buds explode by the intensity of its flavor.

The boy eyed my lips that were sucking on the blue straw, and then his gaze switched to my wide eyes. "It's my specialty" He winked, walking away.

That was rude. I thought, I deeply disliked guys, and girls who had the audacity to just ogle at a person like that. All the people who's first thought was getting down and dirty. Non-commital people weren't exactly my thing, I preferred the ones who stayed behind even after winning the fight. That's why I was mostly on my own. Those people were hard to find,
and I just seemed to have lost every ounce of trust in them anymore.

My ear caught the sound of the bell ringing, and my head shot up to see a really tall man with an army-print coat, black hat and mask walk towards the booth at the corner, taking out a piece of white paper and a pen.

"The regular Mister?" Peachy asked him, clearly intimidated by him. The man looked at him from the corner of his eyes. "Yes Hoseok, if that's alright" He answered, his voice deep and raspy.

The boys moved quickly, getting his order ready in no time. The boy went back to him with a half-smile, and the man took off his mask, smiling back. "That was fast, thank you".

He was trying to sound cold, unexpressive, but there was a sweet undertone to his words, which hinted that he wasn't all as scary as Hoseok (?) thought he was.

The waiter turned around and huffed lowly in relief, putting his best smile back on. Meanwhile, the other guy just sipped on an orange beverage non-stop, emptying it in no time. The man at the booth, he drank his steamy, dark coffee while looking outside the window alongside the wall at the snowy scenery, but his eyes never remained on one spot.

He looked; interesting.

I finished off the last of my delicious breakfast pie, slipping on my gray coat and walking towards the white counter.

"That would be 4.000₩" The boy said, hitting the buttons onto the till to give me my receipt. I looked through my wallet, passing him the money for my meal. "Thank you" We both said in unison, and giggled at our sudden coincidental behavior.

I waved them all goodbye, shooting one last glance at the mysterious man, then walking out of the store and into the cold again with a slow step.

Now that I was full, I could go visit some stores or something. It was a nice day for shopping.

That smoothie was the best I had ever had. The oranges were lively, tasty, perfectly blended. Despite the fact that it was fast to serve, sold good food, and was, in general, a nice looking space, the staff seemed incredible. They were warm, welcoming and their smiles were as bright as the sun. It felt cozy. 

I walked into a clothing store, searching through the endless piles of jeans and T-shirts to find something that caught my eye.

That smoothie was paradise.

__

How do you feel about this? Please do comment, vote and leave feedback, I want to constantly improve, that's my goal.

Q: What is your favourite drink?