⋆twenty two

evade get away from, ignore

Sora

There was a rigid feel in the air as I jolted through the large glass door of the store, not caring who was present and trudging over to the counter, clothes dripping wet from the rain.

I was mad; really mad. Actually, I was disappointed, and I needed explanations. I needed him to explain.

“Excuse me c-” The boy infront of me turned around only to see my disheveled form, words fading as he took me in, eyes widening in surprise. “Are you okay ma lady?”.

“I try” I chuckled, mentally shaking my head as I imagined how ridiculous I looked at that moment. “Is Jungkook around?”. I tried to hide all my bitterness, but couldn't help but think of barging inside as soon as I saw him come out.

Hoseok nodded towards him, walking away. “Guess he's right here”.

Jungkook's eyes trailed the floor for a while, not caring to look up until he reached the counter. “S-Sora?” He sauntered all the way to the other side, placing his palm on my arm softly in comfort. “Are you okay? You're soaking wet”.

“I'm aware of that Jeon” I replied, looking away and taking a step back.

His hand fell to his side. “What were you doing out in the rain?”.

There was a sort of hesitance in my voice when I spoke next, the words coming out of me with force. “We need to talk”.

I stared right in his beautiful eyes, which turned softer and sadder at the sound of my words, though he wasn't surprised.

He sighed, guiding me to a table. “Okay, we can talk, just let me get you some towels first”.

Jungkook scurried back to what I assumed was a storage closet, dissapearing from sight.

It was peaceful; the way the warm air coming from the air condition hit my wet skin softly amidst the quietness of the empty store, watching the rain outside as it made love to the trees and brightened up the scene. That was beauty right there.

A glass clicked onto the table infront of me. “I brought you some tea” Hoseok flashed me a small smile, running his fingers through his hair to lessen the awkward atmosphere.

“Thankyou Hoseok” I reciprocated the smile, averting my gaze back to the window.

“I don't know if this is of any consolation” He paused, waiting for my attention. “But he's not been in the greatest mood lately. He seems down, and something tells me it has to do with you two not being in the best of terms”.

“Oh, you know about that huh?”.

“Oh, Jungkook won't talk” He said, laughing lowly, but not because anything was funny. It was a sad laugh. “I just guessed it”.