⋆fifty

endeavors attemp to achieve something

Jungkook

Walking into the small bakery at the end of the street the bell dinged at the entrance, singalling my arrival. From behind the counter the man smiled at me. I'd never been there before but the space was cheerful, matching my mood on that same morning. The walls were a pale gray and the couched and chairs around the plain white tables were coloured opposing pastel colours and cushioned with pillows of different shapes and sizes while several plants adorned the corners of the room, even hanging from the ceiling. Walking closer to the display I examined all the sweets and pastries stored inside, matching the shop's theme. "How can I help you?" The man asked. I pointed to each item, and almost immediately he placed everything into colourful paper bags and handed me my beverages. After paying him I stepped out into the breezy Seoul weather. It was a beautfiful day. People were walking their dogs, running to work, the streets bustling with life. I inhaled deeply, the air fresh from the previous night's rain and the sun replacing the dark clouds in the open sky. But then I caught the smell of flowers, and looking at my surroundings I spotted a small tent in which an old woman sold them. 

"Goodmorning" I spoke, ducking to get underneath it. I passed my fingers over the plants, a wide selection of flowers and trees in different shades and colours around me, but the smell was confusing as the scents of all the flowers mixed together. 

"Goodmorning" The woman said, smiling up at me. "How may I help you?".

I stopped to think about it. There was one simple reason as to why I was there. My mood was uplifting and bright that day as relief hit me from my amendment with Sora. She was giving me another chance to prove myself. I wasn't too sure I deserved it. So, a not-so-grand gesture like getting her flowers and waking her up to delicious breakfast was a step in the right direction. I had to try. Put in my best endeavors to show her how much I cared, and make her feel it. And I was doing something nice for her even when she didn't expect it. It had only then dawned me how much I didn't want to lose her. I couldn't. And as I lay sleepless for majority of the previous night, staring at the ceiling I had all the time in the world to think. And she was right. Loving her wouldn't suffice. Anyone could love her. I just had to love her in ways she needed to be loved. Not in words, in actions too. And I'd do that for her. I'd love her in any way she wanted me, needed me to. At any given moment and for every second of every day. I'd rid of her doubts. Because it was a simple fact that I, Jeon Jugkook, was in love girl named after the sky. All I had to do was make sure she knew it too. Reminiscing her words, her voice, tongue sharp like a knife-and I'd been stabbed but this hurt more-I'd realised I'd never been so scared for fucking up. Yes, I'd fucked up, and hard. But I would fix it. I'd make everything right again. I had one chance to do it and I'd hold it tight. "I'll take a bouquet of your prettiest, preferably anything purple".

The woman nodded, moving around and grabbing flowers from pots which were scattered around the room, clipping their leaves off and putting them close together in her palm. "And who is this for?".