⋆forty five

hurt physically or mentally injured

Sora

There were footsteps. Loud footsteps. Fast. It was the police. I could tell not only by the sound of the sirens but because of the silence that availed outside of the broken down house I was now standing in. I'd heard a scream. At first I was thinking it was Taehyung that was experiencing the pain of his wound, but then I remembered that he had stayed behind because of that exact reason. The colour of the low shriek was familiar, so familiar I felt my spine wrap in a knot at the sound of it. It was Jungkook's voice.

When I entered, I didn't speak.

The scene that unfolded infront of me was much tougher than expected. Namjoon had Suho in a headlock while Jungkook pulled something out of his bleeding shoulder. He pressed on it hardly, mouth agape from the shock, maybe the fear, or even the stinging from his open flesh wound.

I ran towards him. I didn't have any words to say. The thought of speaking  had been erased from my mind. The only thing that mattered to me was getting Jungkook out of there safe. As safe as possible.

The terror was evident in each one of their faces. Namjoon stood there, holding the man and making sure he didn't escape, expressionless and still. I could tell of his uneasiness though. Perhaps he hadn't had anyone else hurt on any one of his past missions. It was not a detail one would surpass. The other thing to consider was that the same man that had stabbed Jungkook was now in his hands, and maybe Namjoon felt his own safety being threatened.

When the officers walked in, guns raised in the air, it took me double the strength to keep myself from collapsing to the ground. The blood on my hands as I pressed onto Jungkook's upper chest, the deja vu I got as Namjoon handed Suho over so the police could handcuff him. It was all too mundane. Like I'd seen this before. Been there before.

Another officer came over to me, crouching down at Jungkook's level, shooting me an empathetic glance. He'd said something too, but I'd gone deaf. Deaf and mute. A combination that I experienced more often than I'd like to admit. From his body language, I guessed he was asking for me to let him see the boy that silently sat next to me, holding in his grunts and screeches. So I did. Then the officer simply picked him up and ran out to where their police cars were stationed, speaking through his walkie-talkie.

As everyone evacuated the room, I decided to stay. It was the only place where I could be alone. Hitting my back against the stone wall, I slid down to the floor and gripped my hair with my fingers. It was overbearing. The ammount of criminality, all the bad things we'd done, the people getting hurt. Taehyung, Jungkook...again.

I felt a shadow over me, looking up between my eyelids to catch Namjoon's mellow expression. "Get up" He ordered, and I squinted as my face morphed to signify confusion. "It's no use breaking yourself down over this. Alot more will happen. You can take my word for that" He spoke between breaths, reaching his hand out to help me up. He sounded awfully sincere. Everything he said seemed automatic, coming from some dark place inside him. He didn't have to think at all. "You'll have plenty of time to cry and scream and run away when all of this is done. Then, I don't think you'll be able to do any of that either. But this is all out of your control, so don't burden yourself with such vague subjects. Keep your tears for later".