⋆forty two

aspectabund letting or being able to let expressive emotion show easily through one's face and eyes.

Jungkook

A loud knock. I stood abruptly, unwillingly applying too much pressure on my hurt leg, causing me to fall right back down on the soft bed. Sora jumped up. She had suddenly awoken from her deep slumber, although I was unaware wether it was because of the repetitive noise of bone to wood or because of the loud groan that had escaped my lips. I grabbed my cruches from the wall beside bed, galloping to the door and opening it to reveal a frail looking Taehyung. We had decided for him to come pick me up from the hospital today since it was my discharge, but I didn't expect him to come this early in the morning.

I scratched my head, looking back at Sora who was falling asleep again. I moved infront of the door. "Heyy...".

Taehyung's gaze remained glued to the floor, but when he raised his stare up to me, meeting my eyes, there was a spark that ignited a fire inside me, hinting to unspoken words and veiled sentiments. It was a mutual feeling. We both had things to say to eachother, issues to solve, and I'd been waiting for this moment ever since him and Namjoon had visited me a couple days ago, but I hadn't found a chance to do so. "Jungkook, can you talk?" He eyed me head to toe, taking on a weird expression I couldn't quite comprehend when he noticed I wasn't walking on my feet. 

I didn't speak. Checking back at Sora which had been fast asleep, I heard the hinges lock together and walked, or rather limped, ahead of Taehyung and out of the building. There was a bench somewhere in the back, in the small garden they had created for their patients. It was rather peaceful.

"So, what's up?" I spoke while trying to sit. Taehyung watched over me with caution, which was ironic since he was the one with the clumsy gene. Even injured there was a larger chance that Taehyung would end up toppled over instead of me.

He took a seat next to me. 

His eyes were filled with solace, but an ashen aura surrounded him. It hadn't dimmed nor left him. Rather, it seemed to be sourced from his heart, result of some unsettling feeling of guilt or hurt. I couldn't grasp which one it had been. "I don't know how, or when this happened, but it feels as if we've lost eachother amidst the chaos" He'd dropped a bomb, and letting it explode infront of my eyes he didn't dare look at me as he'd done so. His words had rained on me so heavily, but I wasn't hearing anything new. No, I knew this. I'd felt it for a long time now. We'd become so detached I was unaware of what had been going on in his life. Everything was investigations, so deep, so dug into, that speaking of anything not of a certain weight was almost unfitting. It was in default that we deemed everything else as unimportant, small, when infront of us was a complex map of unsolved mysteries and murder cases. It was in these moments that we truly needed eachother the most. 

I chuckled. "It's weird isn't it?".

Taehyung smiled too, shaking his head and covering his face with his palm as if he were stressing over something. "It feels like a joke. It's like I can hear life laughing at us as it's playing it's game for a little. You know, and we'll wake up from a very long lasting dream when it's done with us?".