⋆fourteen

Cipher: zero; nothingness, to figure out a code.

Jungkook

Jungkook

Suddenly, everything seized to exist.

I just sat there. An invisible clock ticked loudly in my ears and my heart threatened to jump out of my chest.

I simply, had no answer.

There was one hole in the plan and he had spotted it. He knew my name. Peculiar it was; how the one thing that had never crossed my mind was that he might have recognized me from the café. He came in every day, and even though I gave it my best to keep a low profile and only served him when necessary, he would have seen me.

“Hello...” he shook his hand infront of my face. “Jungkook?”.

My eyes moved left, onto him. It wasn't as if I was looking at him though, I couldn't see anything. Nothing in particular atleast. Just a few alien like shapes and colours outlining various objects I couldn't identify.

But the sounds...The sounds were louder than ever.

Click clack click clack. I heard a set of heels walking across the linoleum floor, coming closer. My drums ached, invisible sweat trickling down my face as I covered my ears with my palms, a pained expression forming onto my face.

The sound seemed to sting less. It became faster?...then, it stopped.

Apprehensive as I was, my heart threatening to jump out of my chest, I almost fell off my stool when I came in tact with something cold.

“Jungkook” I heard someone mutter softly. It was a woman's voice.

The same cold hand that previously lay on my back now moved up to curl around my arm. “It's just me, Sora”.

She stood infront of me. Slowly, I removed my palms from my ears, but
my eyes were still shut tightly.

“You're okay” She stated reassuringly.
“Just breathe”.

I tried to fix my erratic breathing, slowing down my heart rate by the second.

“Now, just open your eyes” She said. “The only thing you'll see when you do is me. I promise”.

And hesitantly, I hid my eyelids, my vision clearing slowly.

Infront of me was Sora. Her beautiful long hair, her black dress that adorned her body, fitting her like a glove, and her warm brown eyes.

She opened her palm after reaching into her jacket and grabbing something from the pocket. It was a piece of candy.

I shot her a puzzled look.

She rolled her eyes smugly. “Eat it” she said, pointing at it.

I just stared at it for a moment. A few seconds later though, I did as she told me; I grabbed the candy from her palm, and slowly unwrapped it from it's paper. It was an orange caramel.
I looked up at her in confusion.