⋆forty

rouse become alert or cause to rise from sleep, wake

Jungkook

The light blinded me. Coming in from the open window, a light breeze and bright rays of sunshine that kissed my cheeks lightly. My eyes struggled to adjust, and I put all of my strength into sitting myself up but failed each time.

I groaned, falling onto the bed with a loud thud.

What am I doing here? I thought, noticing I was in a hospital room. It couldn't have been anything else; the white walls, white sheets and aura of the place; dim and heavy.

The door to my left opened. A nurse came walking towards me. "Hello Jungkook" she spoke. "Finally awake I see".

Awake?.

"Mmm" I mumbled under my breath, probably coming off as rude.

"And cranky I see" She laughed to herself and helped me sit my back up against the bed frame. She then proceeded to leave.

"Hey, how long was I asleep?".

Dead in her tracks, she regained herself before turning back to me. "You mean unconcious" She stated. "About two days".

My heart skipped a beat. Two days?. I gulped loudly, unable to take in the words she told me. Why was I unconcious? What had happened to me? and most importantly, what happened while I was travelling elsewhere with a blank and lost mind, with nothing to think of, nothing to know, but merely to dream of.

Hurriedly, I kicked all of the covers off of myself and sat at the corner of the low bed, but when my feet reached the floor as I tried to stand up, I felt knives stabbing the back of my knees. I was dizzy. I sat back down, encoherant noises escaping my lips, signalling pain.

I must've hurt my leg somehow.

My guess was I had been loud, because another nurse walked into the room to scold me. "Mr. Jeon, sit down please, you shouldn't be making impulsive decisions at your state" I shifted uncomfotably in my seat. "You wanna go somewhere?". I nodded, not hesitant, unsure. I definetely did want to go somewhere, far away if possible. A depressing feeling overcame me. It was this place. I didn't like it here.

She gestured for me to wait, only to walk in a couple minutes later with a wheelchair and tried helping me sit onto it.

I raised an eyebrow.

The woman rolled her eyes, arms crossed over her chest. "Yes, you have to sit".

I chose to put my ego aside, craving a certain sweet presence, along with a few lines of missing information. No matter what, I would remain, hold myself back so my mind wouldn't dwindle and go elsewhere, to a faraway land, one I couldn't escape. Not again. Not now anyway. It wasn't time for childish banters, damaged masculinity, or wandering thoughts. The woman wrapped her hands around the top of the chair, but didn't make a single step. "You want to do this yourself?" She asked.