⋆fifty eight

alexythimia the inability to express your feelings.

Sora

Sora

“Are you ready?” I asked, gulping down my saliva to moisturize my dry throat. I gripped Jungkook's hand tightly. His fingers curled around mine, locking around the ring that sat on my pointer finger. That was his only response.

His head high, gaze wondering up at the magnificent court house that sat ontop of the large steps, I wondered of the contents of his musings. He had been both awfully quiet and still. Even when I asked, he remained speechless. So I stopped asking. My curiosity was invalid infront of his feelings. And where I could usually figure out his sentiments, I found myself incapable at the present moment.

I coughed.

Jungkook shook his head, his hair falling infront of his eyes, and once he fixed the corners of his crisp white shirt's collar, he took a step forward, and I followed behind. Yes, we were hand in hand, but even if he had let me go I would be beside him. Because his feelings might have been too complex to decipher but I'd take a wild guess to say that he was hurting. His heart was aching, head was in pain. He was tired of the mess his life had become, and he was in the storm, but the calm was near. Perhaps that same thought was keeping him sane.

And how would he go back to normal? He'd been, and so had I as I had experienced most with him, drenched in misfortune, been washed by so many tides, still waters seemed to only exist in a faraway utopia. Everything had been a lie. I was wishing against it, but Jungkook might have even questioned my trust towards him. What even was normality? Whom could he trust? What was left of reality? So many questions were taunting him, that I was afraid if he'd spoke he wouldn't stop. It would all rush out. Out of control. And then he'd remain empty, he'd expose himself, and he'd risk whatever was left of the beauty of his regularity.

And then what?.

I could watch, but I couldn't feel his feelings. I couldn't understand his pain. But I could pull the knife out his back and mend his wounds...and I would listen. Even we he broke down, when he spoke for hours. Even when his sanity dissapeared, when his love faded, I'd stay, to keep him together. To glue his shards, and to keep him from drowning when the wave got too big for him to surf on.

I loved him unconditionally. I loved him with his darkness or without, dim or bright, sane or insane. He was Jeon Jungkook, and as long as he was starry, I'd keep falling for him everyday. I wanted to know him whole, and I knew too much already, but behind the complexity of our everyday routine, I'd missed the simple things a man like him enjoyed. What my dark haired, starry eyed, tall and built, caring and sweet smiled boyfriend would do in a normal day. Once this was all over, once things died down, I'd get the chance to be with him without us having to keep eachother whole.

That was it, completion.

Today marked the completion of a lie. The truth would be out soon.
Too soon.
So soon Jungkook counted the minutes in his head. I could tell by the way his lips opened, whispering air, and then closed again.
He moved his wrist to see his silver watch which hid behind the sleeve of his suit and shirt.
9:05.
5 minutes before trial.