⋆thirty five

empire place ruled by sovereign; rule

Jungkook

I turned my head around violently, but my heart kept beating faster and faster. I knew she was there. I could sense it. The ring of her voice, the soft, steady tone; it could only be her. I looked ahead, but I couldn't dare to actually see her. If I did, I was afraid I'd break down.

I was in a state of despair. In a trance that rooted nowhere else but on anger and tacit feelings. Things I'd kept burried inside, under a large hole, covered up with mud and never made but a step to pass by them. I didn't want to feel all these feelings. They were there; I knew that, for once they were a part of my life and they consumed me whole. Maybe the fact that everything I'd built, an empire full of lies, secrets and masks, and a new version of Jeon Jungkook where the past withered away into nothingness, where more days dressed in spring then winter, and I could recollect myself, seperate the good from the bad was being threatened. I liked the new Jungkook better, and he wasn't quite ready to face the old one yet. I wasn't so sure that he would win, simply because he wasn't strong enough.

I didn't want Sora to see me like this. Messed up, caged by everything going around in my head.

"Jungkook" She called, statement-like. "look at me".

I heard her foot steps against the linoleum floor.

One.

Two.

She stopped, about an arms length away from me.

That was when I looked up. My eyes met hers. Sora's honey brown eyes radiated warmth and all things happiness, but they left back a bitter taste, an essence of dissappointment.

I detached my hand from the wall. It dropped to the side.

"You're a real asshole Jeon Jungkook". She came forward. "Thought you should know".

It was hard to speak at first. My thoughts absorbed me. It was scary. Anything said at that moment could have changed everything, but the silence was no longer comforting.

"What are you doing here Sora?" I asked. My voice was so low, I wasn't quite sure if it was audible.

She scoffed. "I came to surprise you? I guess?" She looked away. There was a slight awkwardness around her. "Taehyung was here a while ago. He let me in".

There was a short pause. No one spoke.

I nodded sharply.

Sora steadily approached me in the dark room, and a small smile appeared on my face. She was just a inch away when she slithered my palm into hers, caressing my skin softly while examining the redness in my knuckles, a sad expression painted on her face. "Do you want to talk about it?".

I shook my head, but not immediately. "Not really".

The atmosphere outside had dimmed significantly in the last fifteen minutes. The moon had appeared, seeming brighter than ever against the black vastness.

"We don't have to talk then". She whispered, and tiptoed just enough so that she was lip-level to me and kissed me softly.

I smirked sweetly. I was guessing my eyes were glowing, the known speck of love appearing in them. "Words are overrated anyway".

Laughter. It was ringing through the walls. Sora and I were giggling and pouring our hearts as we left kisses all over eachothers faces and necks. Something steamy had become heart felt, for now.

My smile reached my ears as I moved my head down to her arm. I gulped as I touched her skin. The thin fabric that covered her shoulder, now in my palms, pouling it down. Tenderly, I pressed my lips onto it. Sora shivered. We shared the same electricity.

When Sora's eyes finally opened, there was venom in her eyes. Lust. She pushed me back. I reached the door but for an inch. And then, she kissed me. It was vibrant, angry, and rushed, more love than want pouring out of it. She only stopped to take a step back, taking her white T-shirt off with an agonizingly slow movement.
I took my own shirt off, unbottoning it with a rushed motion.

The moment quickly heated up. We were both in a rush. Our minds had left us with no piece of remaining sanity and our spirits had taken over us wholely. We consumed eachother.

The bedroom door had been closed for a while now. I left Sora small kisses all over her bare skin. From the corner of her jaw, down to her belly.

A small laugh escaped her lips, and I lifted my gaze,  looking at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Why are you laughing?" I asked playfully. I rolled off of her and popped onto the side next to her, propping my head on my elbow with my body angled to the side. "Is anything funny?".

She shook her head eagerly. "No, I just love you you dumbass".

My mouth hung open. Had she really said that, or was I hearing things?.

She'd said it so soon. Those words scared me, and having been hurt and let down continuously, I wasn't sure I was ready to say it back. To take that step into the deep.

“You-you love me?” I managed to out once I'd taken everything in.

“I-” I interrupted her.

“it's okay”.

She rushed to reply, not even listening to me. “I didn't mean it that way”. Her voice was laced with fear.

I pulled Sora closer, pulling her into my embrace. With a soft move, I kissed her hair.

I smiled through it.

Sora traced a finger on my bare shoulder.

“It's okay” I repeated.

______

Dusiveifjssugvdusugjdh.

(Sorry if the gif is a bit inappropriate.)