⋆sixteen

elude refrain or stay away from; prevent, avoid

Jungkook

One could say that the following day was weird, and he would undoubtedly be correct, because in a way, it was.

The store was packed, which was more than normal on a Monday morning when everyone would hurry to grab a coffee before running off to school or heading out to their job for another week.

I was like a multimachine, making coffee with one hand while I handed out juices and pastries to the people that passed by. Hoseok was busy waiting tables, walking around like crazy and struggling not to get the orders confused.

The store hadn't been this full in a while, and we were both trying to keep some sort of balance and not freak out. Especially when we hadn't prepared to serve so many people this morning.

“Okay, I need two sweet lattes and one caramel macchiato for one table and an orange juice for another” Hoseok told me, panting.

My eyebrows furrowed “I don't think I can make any more coffees Hoseok”. I complained.

“And I don't think I can wait anymore tables”. He added to my original statement. “That's how it's going to be today”.

Hoseok shrugged, turning around and walking over to a new table of customers. I picked myself up from the counter, starting on those drinks Hoseok had asked of me to make.

Thankfully the rush died down in the next hour or so and Hoseok and I could finally take our time to breathe.

And then, as the clock struck 11:15, the bell at the door rung and in walked a tall man with a serious expression on his face, and a long jacket that reached his knees. Namjoon.

“Shit” I muttered under my breath as I stepped out from the storage room and immediately turned around in order for him not to see me.

“Hoseok!” I whisper-shouted, rummaging around in the back to pretend I'm busy. “Hoseokkk...”.

He approached me, grabbing the tray from the table infront of me and standing next to me. “What's wrong Jungkook?”.

“Erm” I lowered my gaze. “Could you get the table? Someone walked in”.

Hoseok raised his left eyebrow. “Sure, but why didn't you get it?”.

“I-I'm busy”. I coughed, continuing to look through the countless of shelves on the wall for absolutely nothing.

“Yeah, okay”. Hoseok walked back, shaking his head with a bright smile on his face as he walked over to Namjoon's table.