⋆thirteen

Kick-off: beginning, the first step.

Jungkook

I had a gut feeling that in the span of a few minutes, something was going to happen.

I was constantly on the look out for anyone that might had entered the bar, anything suspicious. From the center of the crowd that had formed around us, people grinding onto eachother drunkily while dancing to the loud pop sounding beat, I could see around the perimetre of the ballroom. But my gaze slipped for a second, looking down at Sora who had gotten lost in the music, moving to the rythm. My eyes sought her slim physique hungrily, and for a moment I decided to put my thoughts aside and have some fun for once, taking my focus off of the mission.

Even with this frantic desire to fleetingly unwind, I couldn't help but notice when a man with ritzy attire entered the dance floor alone from the left side entry, followed by another one in a similar suit from the right one.

I was skeptical. The timing was too similar to be coincidental, and their stance; when they both entered and took five single steps outside the mass of people in the middle before coming to a halt.

Someone important was coming.

My gaze remained glued onto the man on the left. There was something about his aura in addition to his natural poker face that deeply intrigued me.

Then, I waited.

The door right behind him suddenly opened, and the guard moved to the side, letting a tall man with silky light brown hair walk towards the middle with a few escorts following behind him. The same man I soon recodnised to be RM.

He reached into his pocket and took out a small packet, handing it over to one of his cronies and muttering something to him. The boy nodded enthusiastically, running out of the building.

He looked expensive. He was sitting on the tall leather bar stool, legs crossed, hard liquor tight in his grip as he searched the large space with his eyes.

“Jungkook?” I heard a woman's voice next to my ear. “Is everything alright?”.

I shook my head, tuning out of my thoughts and back to reality. That was also the first time I realised that I had been standing completely still and that my eyes hadn't come off of the man ever since he had entered.

I swallowed hard. “He's here”.

I turned to look at RM again, but Sora placed her hand on my jaw, pulling my head down so that I was looking at her.

“What do you mean Jeon?”. She had a serious expression, but I knew that her actual question was far from what she had asked.

“He's sitting at the bar, and he's not alone”. Her eyes widened at my words. She seemed worried.

She grabbed my wrist tightly. “So we were right after all?”.

It was different planning about this; coming here and having this sense of ease and this confidence. That it would be a fun little game to get the information we wanted. In reality, we were just standing here asking ourselves why we had voluntarily stepped into this mess.