8 ~Needles ~

" At least give me a lift mana" I was currently begging my mom to escort me to the hospital like she always does. She has refused. She won't even give me a lift!

"You have to start doing these things yourself. University zaki tafi ( you're going to the university)"

This time I rolled my eyes. She gave me some money for taxi and left. I was about to flag down a taxi when I got an idea.

"Call founder's favorite" I said to google. It started to ring. I know she's thinking 'ah, an English name I can pronounce'. You need to see how she crucifies people's name's on here.

Ff : hey babe

S : Hey, um where are you?

Ff : around, why?

S: I need a ride to the hospital. Please

Ff :....

What am I doing? I'm supposed to stay away from him!

S : you know what? Forget it. I'll just...

Ff : shut up. I'm on my way.

I absolutely hate when people tell me to shut up. Even as a joke I find it mad disrespectful. Totally forgetting about staying away from Hammad, I sat on the guard's chair waiting for him to come and tell me who he told to shut up.

Few minutes later, a Honda accord 2008 pulled up in front of me. A black one. Do you know how fine that car is? And then its black. Simply elegant.

He came out looking like a snack as usual. He was sporting a black kaftan, white gold wrist watch, a flawless hair cut and a killer smile. Man this guy is out to kill me.

He smiled more when he saw me and I smiled back. Where is his cap though? Not that I was complaining. His hair was perfect, thick black curls covering his entire head. Trailing down the sides of his face was a beard. Not wolverine beard o! That fine upcoming beard. His hair looks soft. Can I touch your hair?

'That is creepy'

I looked down at my self, nothing special. A simple gown and a black veil. Like I said, plane Jane.

His cologne hit my whole being when he closed up. Armani baby! Or not but damn. Marry me... it took everything in me to not sniff him.

"Hey, looking beautiful as always" I rolled my eyes.

'Fuck Boy' I thought.

"shall we? Wani asibiti( what hospital?)"

"State house" I replied. He made an 'oh' face as we got into the car. Oh my God I'm getting into a car with a guy. When did I spoil like this? Ikon Allah. The car reeked of him. Cologne and hair spray? Weird but intoxicating combo. I reveled in it.

We were driving in silence. Awkward, exhausting silence. I was staring at cars and buildings out the window. What is someone I know sees me? This car is clearly not a taxi. Uber. I'll say its uber.

"Whose car is this?"

"Mine" owkayyy

"And the one you brought the other day?"

"My mum's" oww. And the convo died. I noticed the aux cord plugged to his phone. Thank God, salvation. I carefully unplugged it and plugged in mine. Mask off by future was my last player to I played it. He raised his eyebrows, I'm guessing at my choice of music and I just laughed. We sang along and he laughed whenever I said nonsense. Work by rihanna came up and out of nowhere, he asks.

"Can you twerk?" Subahanalillahi

"What? No!" I replied, alarmed.

"Don't lie" he said laughing at my distorted face.

"Shut up!" I snapped.

"So you can twerk" he smirked.

"I said to shut up!" He did a zip motion with his fingers and lips but kept laughing. Fuck boy. We were having fun until a song he didn't like came up

"No no no hell no. You are not fucking listening to that in my car or around me!" He snapped and reached for my phone. I gasped dramatically at his cursing and moved my phone out of his reach. Toh you must listen to it today. Is it not me? Ah I increased the volume to the highest. He groaned and I laughed at his misfortune.

"I'd rather listen to barbie" he grumbled.

"Don't be mean you're just jealous" I teased.

" Me? Jealous of what? Try again" He reached for the aux cord, unplugging it from the radio and I gasped. He smirked at me and plugged his phone back. He then played some Kendrick Lamar. I began to rap and he began to laugh. Probably because I didn't know half the lyrics but i knew the tune.

"Beautiful, and can rap" I laughed at his stupid comment, liking every word of it. He left the staring wheel and started breaking dancing. Wait he what?!

"HAMMAD!"

He quickly returned his hands to the staring wheel.

"Are you trying to murder me?!" I snapped, my heart galloping wildly.

"Its really not that serious. I had it under control" he said chuckling. What exactly is funny here my nigga? I scowled at him and looked out the window. Not wanting to look at my attempted murderer.

"Hey, I'm sorry" he said and reached for my face with his hands. I swatted it away.

" Hands on the wheel, focus on the road"

He smiled before turning back to the road. I told you he's demented. Trying to kill me fifty five days to prom. He's really crazy damn. I imagined dying before prom and a shiver ran down my spine. God please don't let me die before I'm a complete muslim. You thought I would say before prom abi? You are mad too wallahi tallahi.

We reach the hospital gates. Hospital, home of needles. I cringed.

***
"Muhammad Sameerah" The nurse called and I responded getting up. Hammad also got up. Man this nigga

"Where are you going?"

"In" he said grinning like a fish. I know fishes don't grin so whatever.

"No you're not" I pushed him back onto the chair. He frowned like a little kid as I followed the nurse into the consulting rooms. I laughed at the boymanbaby.

I feel like crying right now. Why? Malaria and typhoid test! Like guy I told you it was a migraine just believe me! I told Hammad and he was chill.
I take it he's not scared of needles then. In minutes we arrived at the bleeding room. My mum was usually around when I do tests or get shots but today it was just me. He was here but you know what I mean.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes" The nerves in my voice were pronounced.

"You're scared of needles" he said just realizing. He smiled a little and I scowled at him and entered the bleeding room. He came in after me.

"Are you related to the patient?" The lab man asked Hammad. I was about to say he was my brother when he replied.

"Yes. I'm her husband" Nigga what? His face was dead serious and I wanted to laugh. How is he keeping a straight face? The face on the attendant's face however was worth a million bucks.

"But it says here that she is seventeen!!" He said in horror.

"And I'm twenty one. Early marriage" Hammad added. I was dying. My laugh escaped and I morphed it into a cough. This was too much fun. I was brought back to reality when I saw him prepping the needle. I watched as it pierced my skin and vein. I never get used to the pain. Its like it changes style every time I swear. I squeezed my eyes closed to stop the tears from spilling. The pain slowly subsided but the sting was still there. Hammad was smiling at me like I did not just almost die. I scowled at him with tears in my eyes.

"Sorry babe"

"You'll get your test results by four pm today" the lab man said angrily, eyeing us. He clearly took the marriage thing personal. Please is it your marry? Abi it is your young? I swear Nigerians can carry people's matter on their head. I laughed at his expression as we left the room.

"Ice cream?" Hammad asked and I instantly lit up. My needle wound almost forgotten. Almost.