29~Ninja

Noises coming from outside woke me up. I don't know if its from outside outside of from downstairs my house. Noor was sound asleep on the other side of the bed. It is almost two am I realized when I took my phone from the night stand. I went to check it out. I know that's something white people would do but I Can't just lie down and let a burglar rob my family blind!

Ko ba komai I can hit him on the head with a frying pan. I'm rapunzel from tangled.

I opened the door noiselessly and proceeded down the stairs. The noise was coming from the kitchen?

I once heard that there are hungry burglars. They just steal your food. The light in the kitchen was switched on so I peeped. The burglars head was in the fridge and he was without a shirt! His back was ripped like damn burglar where your shirt at? He had a huge scar across his shoulder blade. I wonder what happened. It looks bad. Why do I care?! Its a damn burglar Sameerah. Smh

I cleared my throat and he jumped muttering something. I laughed quietly.

"Are you trying to kill me?!" He whisper yelled holding his chest. Drama queen.

"Well you're lucky I didn't hit you with a frying pan. I thought it was a burglar"

"How did you hear me? I was very quiet. I'm a ninja" I burst out laughing then I remembered it was two in the morning. I bit my tongue to hold back my laughter.

"Well ninja, I hate to break it to you but you weren't that stealthy"

He rolls his eyes.

"I got hungry. The only thing I could find here are fruits. I need food not fruits"

"Can't you wait till morning?"

"Just go back to bed" he says putting his head back in the fridge. Does he not know its rude to go through people's fridge? I entered the kitchen and took out a pot.

"Go and put on a shirt uncle" I say as I took out packs of indomie noodles. He smiled and cocked his eyebrows

"You want me to put on a shirt?"

"Duh"

"Most girls will pay to see me without a shirt and you are asking me to put on a shirt?" His ego is suffocating me for real. I roll my eyes.

"I'm not most girls and what is there to see?" I asked not even looking at him. There is everything to see!!!

I turned to see his reaction. He frowned and walked out. Baby

He came back wearing his shirt. I dished the food and we sat down at the kitchen counter with stools and ate. He was hungry, like damn bro calm down! It was you who made cereal as dinner. I laughed at my joke and he looked up and mugged me. I smiled. We ate silently. I was hungry too.

"Thank you" he says and I smiled at him.

"Now can you go back to sleep? Ninja"

He laughed a little.

"Goodnight beautiful"

"More like good morning"

"Just go and sleep please" he says and I laugh

*****

After Noor and I finished praying, I went down to wake Hammad. I'm sure he's still sleeping. Boys right? I knocked on the door twice,  both times no answer so I opened it quietly. He was in sujood. Good boy. I'm sure he'd want to leave immediately the sun rises. His Mum must be worried sick even though he's a grown man.

He got into his car and drove off by eight-ish.

***

"Hey you home?" Hammad asks over the phone.