35~perfumed carpet

I told Hammad about the rose incident as we drove to the reception venue. He laughed at me making me glare at him.

"You are becoming a terrorist. You had at least a hundred. You couldn't let her have one?!" he says. Oh honey I know and I still don't care.

We aren't doing a lot of events. The actual niqqah, reception and a dinner party afterwards. Hammad wanted everything else to be after the Nikaah.

We arrived the place at about two-ish pm. It was already filled to the brim. I thought we only invited 150 people? There are at least 300 people in here mostly wearing dusty rose and burgundy. The colors my friends and I chose. I think its the only thing they let me choose. Its their wedding after all.

The hall was okay. Not at all what I wanted thanks to oversabi aunties but we have no choice but to manage. The decor is mostly white with streaks of burgundy. Chairs are arranged in fours around a round table. The lights were somewhat blue making everything in the room fall in place.

Ushers are on their feet and guests were seated. The buffet table and chefs were on one side of the room and the cocktail table was on the other. Then there is cake! The cake was tall. Fifty inches of fluffy sugary goodness just like I wanted. Its white and gold. Okay maybe the setting isn't that bad.

I smiled when I saw our chairs. Hammad had asked them not to bring love seats, 'too cliche' he said. He asked for big throne like seats because we are royalty. That's even more cliché.

There is a banner with our photos at the entrance. As in the pictures that were taken earlier today. These people are fast and the pictures are lovely.

"Damn! We look hot" Hammad says.

"I know right!"

There was also a projector showing the program of events and other stuff.

We danced to our seats. I mostly walked because all eyes are on me and knowing myself, I'll trip and fall on my face. Our mums were sitting at the two front tables, Each with her company.

They had on the same color, but different designs. Other people I didn't recognize and my dad was there and that was it. No Mallam abi alhaji Babangida. Okay oh

People are running helter skelter. Noor, Mama and my cousins and Hammad's family. Although they had hired two event planners, they are not satisfied. My mum was on her feet and so is Hammad's. Mothers will always be mothers right?

People everywhere, food and drinks being transported, chaotic noise as a result of the music and chit chat. I swear food is the reason 50% of these people are here. You need to see the way adults are loosing home training at the buffet queue. Its worrisome.

My mum and aunties planned the wedding reception but I planned my dinner party. Strictly by invitation. No chaos, no aunties.

Through most of it, Hammad and I just took a lot of pictures, ignored the world and gossiped about people.He did most of the gossiping, I just laughed. Aisha came and hugged me. Not ishmad, Hammad's sister. She looks so excited and happy its making me feel gooey.

"Thank you for marrying him. I was convinced he was going to die alone" she says in my ear. I laugh which made Hammad curious.

"What did she tell you?" He asks eagerly.

"Girl talk" he squints his eyes at me and I laugh.

Abubakar is looking dashing as hell I must say. They all dressed to intimidate the guests. I like that. That's fam right there!

Money rains down on us as we dance, camera flash blinding me incessantly and Abubakar over doing the whole money spraying thing. Showing off as usual. He was legit using money to bully me. I'm tired of dancing.