47~Balinese bag

HAMMAD'S P.O.V

"FF what's this?" She asks holding a white envelope in her hand, trying to open it. The envelope. The envelope I've been hiding from her for exactly three years now. My heart drops.

'Its nothing" I say quickly getting off the bed to retrieve it. She frowns a little. I can't let her see that. At all! Why do I even still have the blasted envelope?

I know she's been thinking why we've not had a baby. And I know it gives her sleepless nights. She even asked me once, I told her to trust Allah. I wanted to suggest adoption but that would raise questions from her. Questions I can't answer. I don't know what to do.

"Tawakkul ya habibti" I has said making her laugh because that's the only thing I know in Arabic apart from prayers.

"Can I open it?" She asks making me smile although my heart is breaking all over again. I've kept the news of her 'inability ' to myself. Not even my mum knows. I can't bear to see her hurt after she's worked very hard to get herself back together. After all she's been through. I can't do that to her.

"Its just a dumb letter from the office. But I have an envelope you'd like to open" she instantly stopped sulking. I rummaged in my drawers and brought out another envelope, handing it to her.

"Remember how I promised to take you to Bali years ago?"

"Oohh Yes!" she replies with sparkly eyes and infantile excitement.

"Well start packing baby!" She jumps. Like legit jumps on me. I wasn't expecting it so we fell on the ground.

"Ouch"

"You can't carry me?" She laughs.

I smirk and lift her up. The truth is a small man can't lift her, but have you seen my shoulders? I'm built like superman, i am definitely not small.

"Thank you " she smiles and kisses my cheek.

"Anything for you baby girl" by Allah I love it when I make her smile.

***

SAMEERAH'S P.O.V

Twenty hours. That's how long we've been flying . I don't know what our problem is with far places. I took off my sandals immediately we arrived the beach. I need to feel the silky sand under my feet. Hammad laughed. I'm lagged as hell.

"Yar kauye(village girl)"

"Haka ka gani kace kana so(you love me like that)" I replied flipping my covered hair sassily. If that's a word.

"Race you to the lodge?" He asks and before I could reply, he took off running. I chased after him and the porter holding our bags struggled to keep up with us. I felt bad so I stopped to help him with some of the bags. Hammad is already on the bed I'm sure.

The lodge is beautiful, in Ubud. It has some maaaaaddd interior decor that has me screaming. I've always had the hots for interior decor. Unlike in Bora Bora, our lodge was on the ground. The very green ground. There were beautiful green trees and shrubs everywhere,  abundance of fresh air, chirping birds, it's the perfect paradise.

We have an outdoor bed and a pool. Exotic plants and a bar.

"Me zamuyi da bar?" I asked him amused. He just shrugs and I shake my head.

We visited the Mason elephant sanctuary. I told him to get me a pet elephant but he just laughed in my face. I was dead serious.

"Where will you keep it? Definately not where I'll be sleeping " I glared at him and he pinches my cheeks. He gets on my nerves. We shopped for clothes, lots and lots. We also bought some local jewelry and I got him a wrist watch. "I'll never take it off" he had said. Yet here it was in the bathroom.

We went to the beach, ate junk and he went swimming. The closest I got to the water was calf level. That water is scary! We rented bikes that we use to go everywhere . We went to Ubud market and I got a Balinese bag! They are so beautiful.

Everything here was beautiful. The waterfalls most especially. I took so many pictures I was afraid my phone was going to get full. I am happy. Content.

We've spent a month and Hammad doesn't want to go back home. Are we doing this again?

"Bro, do you want to get fired ? What will we eat?" I ask and he just laughs.

"They can't fire me, I'm one of the best they have" he replies cockily.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yep. And besides, it's my yearly leave i told you"
Ohhh

"But, I miss your cooking so we'll go back in a week?" He asks.

"That is the only thing you miss?"

"You think I care about Nigeria?" He asks and I laugh, causing the coconut I was drinking to go straight up to my nose. I was in so much pain. Hammad was confused momentarily before he started rubbing my back. My nose is on fire.

"Sorry baby" he says although I can see he's trying hard not to laugh. Karma where you at?

****

We just boarded. I was in front and Hammad was behind me holding our luggage. I've been feeling light headed since yesterday I don't know why. Probably something i ate.

Minutes after take off, I needed air. I started feeling woozy and then, black dots.

HAMMAD'S P.O.V

Everyone panicked. The hostess alerted the captain and we were on our way back to the airport. I knelt down beside her and tried to get her to wake up but nothing. I began to pray because only Allah can understand my fear.

An ambulance was already waiting for us. The transferred her and we were off. I prayed hard. What is it now?

After about thirty  minutes in the ER, they called me in. She was on the bed, laughing with one of the doctors. I wonder what is funny after you just practically died.

"Hello sir" the gangly doctor said with a funny accent.

I smiled back politely.

"There is no need to worry. What your wife has is anaemia she hasn't been eating properly, is why she passed out" I glared at her. She hasn't been eating and I warned her about it but you know women and their wahala. I was about to scold her when the doctor interrupted me.

"And" I looked up at him. There's more? I swear this woman...

"She's five weeks pregnant " I blinked.  And blinked again. Am I dreaming? To say I am dazed is an understatement. The world started spinning so fast. Ummm what?? How? But the doctor said... what?!! My mouth kept opening and closing with no words coming out. Every word was stuck in my throat.

"With twins " that's it. I was out like light.