39~Married again ~

**
The wedding is tomorrow. There's going to be no celebration to avoid scandal since the boy got married only six months ago. Just the fatiha, nothing else.Why will Aisha let them do this to her? Getting married in hidden kaman aikin haram (as if it were Haram).

Although Hammad and I have come to terms with the fact that the wedding will take place no matter what we do or say, it still stings, a lot. Like I haven't even finished opening my wedding presents and my husband is already getting married again.

"What are you thinking about so hard?" I looked up to see Hammad at the bedroom door, back from work.

"Hey. I didn't hear you come in"

"One of my tires took a nail so I left it at the workshop and got an uber" I hugged him.

"I don't get a kiss? Something is definitely on your mind. Please don't tell me it's this sham of a wedding?"

"I can't lie, it is "

He pulls me into him.

"I told you not to worry"

"I can't just be skipping with joy. Its normal to be afraid and a little insecure when your husband of half a year is marrying again!" I snapped. He rubs his face, frustrated.

"I'm sorry! Okay I tried to stop it but baba was making me choose between you and my family"

"No, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have snapped. It's not your fault" I interrupted.

"Actually, it is my fault "

"Excuse me?"

"My dad and Aisha's have been friends since forever. She and I grew up kind of together and our father's wanted us to get married. I was okay with the arrangement because  I was cynical at the time. Then I met you and here we are..." he trailed off. Well, that just reminded me that he broke off his engagement. How do I want to slap and kiss him at the same time? I didn't know what to say.

"I'm sorry "

"Are you saying you knew your Father will force Aisha on you like this even if you refused?"

"Of course not!"

"Then it wasn't your fault" he smiled.

I smiled and left the room. I feel like he should have told me though. Not that it matters right? I won. Did I win? Is my victory going to last? Is it even victory?My breathing escalated instantly. I need to calm down.

I lay on the little bed in one of the guest rooms. The one I slept in before. I was just staring at the fan. Not thinking just staring, almost getting hypnotized by the movement of the fan blades.

Did I make a mistake by Marrying him? He broke off and engagement for God sake! Aisha hates me now and she has every right to. I'm afraid. Not of her, afraid I made a mistake that'll cost me my happiness.

*knock knock*

"Sameerah"

"Babe"

"Maman Mujahid" I laughed at that one. I told him I loved the name Mujahid. I still ignored him till he went away. After a while, I fell asleep.

I woke up 6am the next day. I have to get out of here since it's my 'off day'. I sneaked back into our room to shower. He was still sleeping, by 6, on his wedding day.

There was a plate of almost untouched pasta by the bed. This is the first time we ate apart, not that I even ate.

I was dressing when he woke up.