26~Promises

* Zainab Hammaaa come and see!!!😹. Y'all this is what Kabir is supposed to look like. Remember the Characters are fictional. Sorta. Well enjoy!!! BTW, there is no picture of Hammad. Invision him the way you want😹😹❤❤*

****

The study was big, had floor to ceiling shelves tucked yo the brim with books. A split air conditioner and massive windows that opened to a garden? Did i mention  that there were tons and tons of books? files and tapes and other things.

There was also a coffee maker and a water dispenser on one end.

The taste these people have is scary. Every thing is so fancy. I never knew houses like this existed in this Abuja. Plus his family members are so proper, behaving like white people and shit.

The room is brightly lit and there was a lamp on top of a mahogany desk. A tall, aged man in a white kaftan sat behind the huge mahogany desk. Not old old ooo, you know rich people don't age.

He also had glasses on and was looking through files and papers. I swallowed hard before saying Salam.

His dad is like the total opposite of his mum. I can tell he doesn't like me. He answered my Salam and greetings like he knew me from before and I did something wrong to him. I looked over at Hammad for explanations but he didn't look at me. His head was down.

"Where is Abubakar? I thought I asked you two to come here? I have work for you two. And before that, call Sharif, he should start serving the food. ina maman ka(where is your mother)?" He asked. Totally ignoring my presence. Okay ouch. That stung like a bitch. I stood up from my squatting position and excused myself. He still didn't glance my way. I'm so out of here! I could still hear the man throwing orders a Hammad.

Everything is just upsetting. What is actually wrong with me? Three months after he calls off his wedding i'm here acting like I'm married to the guy. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!!

Even the universe is telling me Hammad is not for me. I thought all that "his parents don't like me" shit happens only in movies but look at me, being ignored. And it stings! Lol.

I bumped into someone, hard. Not my fault, the person was in a hurry. I fell to the floor, hitting my butt. ow! Can this day get any better? He offered me his hand. I look up and an older Hammad was looking down at me with his eyebrows raised and a smirk. His beard was fuller than Hammad's and he was fairer. He was handsome. Not fu*ck boy handsome like Hammad ooo, he was mature handsome. Like senior handsomeness. Not that he's finer than Hammad oo please are you picking up what I am dropping?.

I'm guessing he is Abubakar, Hammad's famous elder brother/young millionaire, Heir to  the Babangidas' Tambari Oil empire. Also a very arrogant ass. I stood on my own and left without even sparing him a second glance.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, I realized I was lost. I don't remember the entrance again. There were people everywhere! Subhanallah. I feel like screaming right now. I looked around like a lost puppy. There were at least ten doors in here. Someone tapped me and I turn to see Kabir! I almost jumped for joy. I squealed and he chuckles as my face is never able to hide my emotions.

"Someone is happy to see me"

"You have no idea. Where is the way out of here?"

"Why? Where you wan go?( where are you going?)"

"Mama called. She said its an emergency" I lied effortlessly.

"Let me drop you then" he says pulling his keys out of his pocket.

"No, don't worry. I already got an uber driver. He's waiting outside" he reduced his eyes to slits in doubt which made me laugh a little.

"Okay be careful. Does Hammad know you're leaving?"