9 ~Mirror Mirror~

As we entered the ice cream place, eyes where on us. More like on Hammad. Girls were eye balling him but pretending they aren't seeing him. I've been there sis.

Clearly used to the attention, Hammad took off his ray bans and smiled. Lord have mercy. Why was this guy talking to me? He was clearly out of my league! I can't help but think its a cruel prank.

"I'm bad for your image" I said loud enough for only him to hear.

"What?" He asked turning to look at me. Was he angry?

"Nothing" I muttered.

"Say that again"

"No"

"That's what I thought. Stay" I frowned a little at his bossy attitude and sat on the couch. I watched his back flex as he gesticulated, ordering our ice creams at the counter. Wait, I hope I'm not paying for my ice cream? He can't do that to me right? To his reputation. This is where we met i realized.

*ring* it was my mum. I told her about the tests and that I'll be at our old neighbors until the results were ready since their house was closer to the hospital. I feel so bad for lying right now but also scared for my life. You know fate can be cruel. It can send someone i know in here right now and my life will just be over. I cringed at the thought.

"what is she thinking about so hard?" Hammad asked settling next to me with cups in both hands.

"Life"

"Don't get all doctor phil on me girl" he said crunching up his face. I laughed. He's so stupid.

"You're so weird"

"I try. Normal is boring" I laughed again. This one is not serious.

I opened my ice cream, sighing in appreciation and Hammad laughed at me. He got founder's favorite again! How can I take the same thing twice when I haven't tried all the choices yet? He's so boring.

He dripped ice cream on his kaftan. The beautiful beautiful kaftan and he didn't get napkins. I stood up to get it since he got the ice cream. He wiped it off but still hand ice cream on the side of his lips. What is he 3?! I pointed and pointed until I was frustrated. He still didn't get it! I subconsciously snatched the napkin from his hand and wiped away the damn ice cream. He sat there smirking like an idiot. This was his plan all along wasn't it?

I scowled at him. He's so annoying. I ignored him and focused on the love of my life. My ice cream.

"I look cute when you're mad at me. Like a puffer fish" my jaw dropped dramatically and he laughs loudly. He did not just call me a puffer fish. I hit his arm with my fist.

"The puffer fish is a cute one so chill violent woman" I chuckled at his stupidity.

"Do you have a boyfriend"

Where did that come from? So suddenly?

"No, why?" I asked. A dumb question really. The ice cream, the nickname, the endless calls. What I don't get is why he'll hit one me or like me. Me! Of all people. Guys like him don't run around with girls like me.

"Hey don't zone out" he said snapping his fingers in front of my face.

"Sorry what did you say?" I asked stupidly.

"I said good. If you had I'd beat him up" what?

"Why would you do that?" I asked laughing lowly. Like he could beat anyone up? Ajebutter that he was.
He smiled and shrugged his shoulder. I told you this guy is mad.

***

The ice cream gave me a full bladder so I left Hammad to go to the restrooms.

"Meet me in the car" he said. It was almost four pm so we were going back to the hospital. I stepped out of the door only to be obstructed by some dude. Where did this one come from now?

"Excuse me" I said irritated.

"You're excused" he said smirking. This one no know say I fit slap am. Even though he's a full head taller than I am. He eyed my chest like a hyena. Who is this disgusting asshole? I decided not to let him waste my time anymore. I walked around him and started walking away when he grabbed my hand and yanked me back, into his chest. I did the next thing my mind registered.

*slap*

He was a looker but a very stupid one for thinking he can put his hands on me. It took him seconds to recover and he started coming for me. I walked towards to the car quickly but he caught up with me and spined me around. I prepped my self for his revenge when I heard Hammad's voice.

"Step,the fuck away from her"

The guy was an inch taller than Hammad's 6ft 1. He glared at me and Hammad simultaneously.

"She put her fat hands on me" he shouted gaining attention. My heart picked up speed. This is really happening. They are about to fight.

"Say that again" Hammad said threateningly.

"Kai! Ku bar nan( hey! Leave here)" an aged man in security uniform said and we all turned to look at him. He was coming towards us and he looked annoyed.

"Hammad let's go" I said pushing against his hard stomach.

"Let me beat manners into him please" he begged. I almost laughed at his begging.

"Even though I like seeing guys with bursted lip and a black eye, we are almost late for the doctors"

" That means you're going to love this guy when I'm done with him" I raised my eye brow at his cockiness . I pushed hard this time and he stumbled back. He turned and made for the car. The other guy was being scolded by the old man it seems. Well that was eventful. I should have just gone to the neighbors like I lied. Hammad was tapping at the staring wheel with both hands. Obviously still angry.

"Hey, its all good now" I said trying to get him to calm down.

"He called you fat!" My heart squeezed with emotion. He was mad because I was called fat? I smiled at him being sweet and all that.

"But I am fat" I said. He slowly turned and looked at me.

"What did you say?" He said lowly

"I am fat. I don't even know why you are hanging out with me when you are clearly out of my league" I rushed out.

'Well that was pathetic '

"Is that why you were trying to push me away?" He asked silently.
Shit

"Look forget I said anything. It was just a stupid rant, it doesn't mean-"

"Is that why Sameerah?" He asked firmly this time. I just looked out of the window. I can't look at him right now, I feel like he's staring into my soul. He looks disappointed and hurt. Why though? I didn't say he was ugly...

"Sameerah. You are beautiful. And smart and funny. Very beautiful. What makes you think- my God. I can't believe this. I don't even know what to say. Do you not have a mirror? Do you not see how gorgeous you are? Subahanalillahi. I'm not good at all this talkey talkey but I can't believe you said that."

We were quite for a while then he spoke again.

"If you wont believe your mirror, atleast believe me when i say you are beautiful " with that he pulled out and we were on our way. I still haven't looked at him.

I actually cried. He really thinks I'm beautiful? or is he just being nice or just being a fuck boy? Lord this is so confusing. My emotions where all over the place. I rested my eyes and soon, I was out.

A/N

Hey you! This chapter is dedicated to my teddy bear. I love that fluffy thing!
Anyways vote, comment and share!

Love, sumaiya❤🌹