43 ~Airbag ~

Floating. Clouds. Floating clouds. I'm floating.

Then it all suddenly disappears and I'm back on the ground. With nothing but green grass.

Somethinh  tugs on my dress. I turn to see who it is and I'm met with the most beautiful little boy I've ever seen. He stares at me. He looks frightened. I smile at him and he smiles back, seemingly forgetting his fear. I blinked and when I opened my eyes, he was on the floor, covered in blood.

I knelt beside him, panicking, trying desperately to stop the bleeding although i was unsure where it was coming from. It seemed he was turning into blood. I crouched next to him, unsure how to save him. His eyes fluttered weakly as he stares at me.

"Mama" he says with a huge smile before his eyes close one last time. I feel so confused and pained. I tried to cling onto him but he begins  to fade, into nothingness. No blood, just nothing. In my very own arms. I begin to cry, anguished sobs escaping my mouth but the tears where not eliminating the pain in my chest. Isn't that what tears do?

Pain. Grief. A bitter taste in my mouth. From a distance I could hear beeping. Beeping, from a machine.

The cloudy world begins to fade into darkness. Blackness

Fire spreads through my abdomen and chest. People are whispering, the beeping is getting louder and I am still crying.

Hammad's P.O.V

Three days. She's been in a coma for three days! No food, no water, no movement. Just three days of uncertain sleep. She was moved out of Intensive care this morning. I've prayed, I've cried.

Mama is here, mine and hers. Noor, Kabir, my siblings, hers and even my father. Rage bubbled in my chest when i saw him. This, is all his fault.

Everyone came up here with grim sad faces like she was going to die. But I know she'll be alright. In sha Allah.

We got a private room so I get a multiple-visitor privilege. I looked up to see water on her face. Are those tears? she is crying and muttering something but she isn't waking up!

"What the matter doctor? Why is she crying??" I ask, bile rising to my mouth and my heart doubling over in my ribcage.

"Maybe a bad dream. You can try to wake her. Talk to her like she is awake" he permits. I moved closer and began talking to her. She was muttering "my baby "

She sputters suddenly and opens her eyes. They were bloodshot, terrified, sad.

"My baby " She cries continuously as I tried to calm her down.

"Hammad where is my baby?" She asks me and I broke. The sight of her frantically searching for her baby brought me to tears. I hugged her as I cried like a little girl. My mum tries to calm me down although she's crying also. Her mum was a whole new story

"My love, we lost the baby"

"Nooooo my baby" she cries out while struggling with me. The cannula in her arm threatening to fall out, her oxygen mask long gone.

After an hour of Sameerah crying, she was finally down to sniffles. She and I lay in the hospital bed, her head on my chest. I've never seen her so out of it. She looks like she has lost her reason and will to live. She was blank, empty with blood red eyes.

"Water" she croaked, her voice hoarse from crying and disuse. Her mum was fast, handed her a glass which she quickly gulped down and asked for more.