23~Reconciliations~

*this chapter is for hauwanuru5711❤❤❤***

***

"I agreed to talk but sai ya jira wallahi(he has to wait) I'm not ready to even look at him" I told Noor. We were on her bed, watching a scary movie(more like talking over it).

0There were gummy bears, crackers, cup cakes and half drunk soda cans on the bed. What if it tips and falls? Its ruin this nice bedspread. Why am I over thinking?

"Okaayy. When do you plan on meeting him toh?"

"I don't know wallahi. I don't want to honest" I whine.

"I know you don't want to but you have to, now that mama has intervened. The boy get sense" she laughs

"He's very annoying"

"Aren't all guys?"

"Wallahi kam well said. So what do you plan on doing with your break?"

"No, before that, ina Maryam din? kunyi magana?(where is Maryam, have you spoken?)"

"For where? The girl has ignored me blatantly. My calls and texts. And you know I am not one that goes around begging people to talk to me. Did I kill your mother that I will be begging and apologizing up and down?" Noor laughed.

"I'm such a bad influence on you" yes she is. Noor does not say sorry. Like never ever in a million years!

"Toh about the break?"

"I don't know, I'm thinking of spending two weeks here and then going to yola to spend the remaining two"

"Who the hell is in yola that you're running off to meet all the time?" I asked suspiciously

"Don't be faster than your shadow baby girl" she replies flicking her hair that was tied up. How sensible

"Ooooh do I hear wedding bells?"

We both laughed just as someone screamed. We screamed too before noticing that a demon was tormenting people in the tv. We laughed again. Its past 12 midnight fam.

****

I still haven't spoken to Hammad. Not because I don't want to but things were crazy at the hospital and the fashion house I'm
working on. I haven't found the time. I looked at the clock and as it clocked twelve, I began packing my things. I can't wait to get home. Thank God its Friday. This entire week has been hell. Its like there's a wave of sickness, the hospital was flooding with patients.

I drove like a maniac. Abuja gets scary on fridays I swear but luckily, I'm also scary. So many people in a hurry all at once, everybody don taya.

I stripped immediately I got home and took a long shower. I slipped on my favorite sweatpants and a faded t shirt. I've had it for years, its the most comfortable shirt I own. I jumped on the bed when the door bell rang.

I hate that door bell, it disturbs the entire house when it rings. Top to bottom. I ignored it and attempted to sleep.

Raja's head poked through the opened door.

"What is it child?" I snared and she laughed.

"Something came for you, it a letter I think"

"Letter keh? In this time and age. What happened to email? Is it from work? Abi which court is summoning me what did I do? "

"Why are you asking me so many questions? Take your thing" she says and threw the white envelope at me. So someone would rather pay the delivery service to bring a letter here than to send a whatsapp message or an email? Maybe they don't have a phone, or they don't have my number.