13 ~Heartbreak Hotel~

Everything was rosy. My holiday was banging! Hammad and I went out once a every week. I was having fun all round. I zipped up my gown in final preparation to visit Noor. They moved to a new house and I was going there to see the place.

"I'm outside keh" I said to her on the phone when I got to the gate.

"Toh gani nan fitowa( I'm on my way out)"

Minutes later, we were walking up a flight of ridiculous stairs. She was breathless and I wasn't. Ironic right? Seeing as she's the slim one. Sha ajebutter struggles. She's not fit at all!

"Is it these stort stairs that you are sucking wind for?" I teased

"Shut up" she snapped. I laughed and went in after saying my salam. Boom! Rasmah and Kabira where here? We squealed and hugged. We haven't seen each other since prom! Today is about to be lit I swear.

"Let's call my cousin. The boy na idiot" Noor said. If you haven't guessed, we have bonus airtime so we're prank calling people. It was fun. We've called like ten guys.

"Hello baby" Rasmah said into the phone. I couldn't contain my laughter. The best part was that the boy was playing along, clearly enjoying it. Thank God the number is blocked. He's the kind of guy that won't stop calling you after an innocent prank call. Weirdo.

*Ring*

"Hey baby" I said into the phone.

H: ooh someone's in a good mood.

He chuckled and I giggled. Since when did I giggle? I have it bad for this guy.

"Hammad Baby!" Noor yelled into my ear and the phone. She's stupid, that's why we are friends. Hang out with stupid people to look smart. Don't tell her I said that. If you do I'll find you and I'll-

"Noor My love !" He yelled back into my ear. Are all this people all crazy? Trying hard to make me deaf. Noor laughed and muttered 'fools' under her breath. She says Hammad and I are fools because we refused to admit that we were "in love" I told her that shit isn't real. Yes I like the guy but love? Eh . Love is for your family and friends, any other kind is a counterfeit.

"Since when were you in love with my best friend?" I asked him jokingly.

"Don't worry babe, you're the wife she's the side chic" I laughed.

"You are stupid" I said. Just imagine me and Noor sharing a husband. I cringed at the image.

"Yeah stupid in love" My heart started racing immediately. Oh My God a churning burning feeling in my stomach. I didn't know what to say.

"With Noor?" I asked, trying to prevent the conversation from becoming awkward.

"Haha very funny. With you. I Love You Sameerah" My heart stopped. It wasn't beating right now. I've forgotten how to breathe. I feel like throwing up. Why would he say that to me? I wasn't moving, the phone was still glued to my ear. I'm probably hearing things. Maybe all their yelling earlier has thrown me off balance.

"Keh Wa ya rasu( who died?)" Rasmah asked.

"Babu( no one)" I replied and ended the call, leaving him hanging. Damn that just happened?

"Wetin happen?( what happened?)" Noor Asked.

"Babu(nothing)" I replied again. I can't actually believe I'm keeping stuff from them. But on second thought, what will I tell them? I don't think I'm ready.

After two more hours of fooling around and watching horror movies in the afternoon, it was five thirty pm. My curfew is six or latest Maghrib. You won't know how fast time flies until you're with the people you love or doing rubbish. It was time to go though. They touched up their make up and we left Noor's house. "We'll get a taxi at the gate of the estate." Noor says.

We were fooling on the way there. Taking selfies and videos for Snapchat. When we were all together its a disaster. We do the craziest most annoying things. No wonder people didn't like us back at high school. Yaaass we are undergraduates now!

"let's go buy airtime. I'm all out" Rasmah said.

"Nima" I said.

"Jama'ah ku saka mun kati ( people please recharge my phone)" Noor yelled dramatically.

"If I slap this one ehn!" Kb said and we all laughed. Noor is always broke i tell you.

The bright yellow MTN umbrella from a distance means me were almost there. Time is running out. If I'm not home before maghrib my dad will never let me out again.
We bought the airtime. On our way out, under a few trees. I saw a girl sitting on a guys lap. Like legit straddling. And guess what? They were kissing! Like legit face swallowing. I cringed.

I was about to tap Norah when I noticed the guy's striking resemblance with a certain somebody that said he loved me hours ago. Maybe its his brother, I thought until he looked up at me. My eyes staring into his light brown ones. He was panting. His lips swollen and red. This is a very funny dream. Because in the dream I just saw Hammad kissing a girl. Hahaha let's laugh. A very funny dream indeed. I was trying hard to convince myself that it was a dream until Kb tickled me.

"Me kike Kallo?(what are you staring at?)

"Nothing. Let's go. 6 yayi (its already 6)" I replied and hastily turned around, heading for the gate, my voice almost cracking

Saying my heart was broken didn't even begin to explain what I felt at the moment. I was home, locked away in my room. I had retired for the night. My head was pounding. Two voices in my head: one was telling how "it told me so" and another was trying to make me believe it wasn't real. That there was a logical explanation to what I saw. I clung on desperately to the latter. There was a large lump in my throat that had refused to go down. I couldn't breathe.

I started gasping for air. What is happening? There was so much pain going on in my chest. I didn't even know where exactly. Something was clawing at my heart with such ferocity. I was trying to calm my hurting heart and pounding head when my phone rang.

Incoming call, Founder's favorite

Like a needle pricking a balloon, his call pricked me and I burst. I cried.
I cried till I felt light headed.

I remembered all the times he told me I was beautiful, I cried. I remember how he told me he's only into thick girls, I cried. I remember the good times, I cried. I remember how he always knows when to say what you want to hear, I cried some more. I remember when he said the thing he said. I remember and each time, it was like driving a white hot dagger into my chest. It hurt too much. I want it all to stop! Is this how it normally feels when someone you're not dating cheats on you or am I extra weak?

I cried till my face was swollen and my eyes were red. I cried till my nose was clogged.