30~ Fam Bam

His mum will always intimidate me, that I know. She was so gorgeous and classy. She sat with a bowl of fruits on her thighs and the remote control in her hand.

I said my salaam and entered the sitting room. Did I mention that my heart is galloping?

I greeted her and she hugged me! Her floral perfume hitting my nose. I love this woman.

"Ya kike?(how are you)"

"Alhamdulillah mama"

"What about the unrest at your place a while ago?"

"We haven't heard anything since then Alhamdulillah. I think it was a robbery" I said

"Toh Allah ya kiyaye"

"Ameen ameen"

"Why are you just standing there smiling?" She asks looking over me my head, I was squatting.

"Nothing" Hammad says still smiling. I shook my head.

"Then leave. This is girls only" I don't know what this is but I'm panicking. Plus Hammad smiled and left. That's it, I'm doomed. I'm going to mess up!

"Ki zauna mana(please sit)"

I smiled and sat on the plush sofa. Ya Allah help me not to mess this up. My hands are shaking, I really need to chill. A lady, mid thirties wearing a chef suit walks in to announce that "she was done". with what? I have no idea.

Mama bolted up and told me to come with her. Is she going to make me cook? Subahanalillah. Salt go fall my hand.

The kitchen is everything. I've never seen anything like it. Its not unnecessarily massive but it was big. All the cabinets are made out of polished mahogany. The counter tops are white, the floor is made out of maple wood and everything else was silver: the sink, the cooker, the fridge and the light above the cooker.

There was a white marble dinning table with white chairs to the side.It was absolutely exquisite. Three freezers and two Samsung refrigerators walled the kitchen from the right. If I had a kitchen like this, I'll never stop cooking.

She washed her hands and got to it. I washed mine also, in case. I offered to help her do the actual cooking but she said no, telling me that lunch had already been prepared and this one was for "Baban Abbah" whom I'm guessing is Hammad's dad. I wonder who is Abbah though.

I love that she still cooks her husband's meals. That is true love right there. All I did was unwrap seasoning cubes and blend pepper.

She asked me a few questions here and there and we laughed occasionally. She told me about how Hammad loves bread and mayonnaise. How takes cereal, bread and tea every morning.

There is something fundamentally wrong with this guy. Bread, tea, cereal on top! How is he not fat? I laughed. She also told me about his pet pigeon that was cooked by the guards when he was eight.

"Wallahi he cried for days" she said. I resisted the urge to coo. I laughed. I'm so going to tease him about it.

"Mama, Baba na neman ki( Baba is asking for you) someone called from the door. I turned and saw a pretty girl. About fifteen, maybe sixteen. She had a pimply face and pouty lips. Puberty. Her black hair was braided. "Calabar" hairstyle, falling on her back. She never took her eyes off her ipad so I'm guessing she hasn't seen me.

"Aneesah!" Mama said firmly, startling her. She looks up and our eyes meet.

"Ina yini (good afternoon)" I smiled and greeted back. My smile wasn't returned though. She just turned and left. Rude much?