41~ 30th June

"Sir, your wife is six weeks pregnant " the doctor says to Hammad. My heart drops.

"Heck yeah!!!" Hammad exclaims lifting me up unexpectedly. I shriek.

"Hammad! Put me down!" How can this boy even lift me?

"I love you! I love you! I love you!" he hollers spinning me around. Damn I've never seen him so happy.

"I'm going to puke on you" I complain and he puts me down immediately.

"Sorry sorry sorry" he says frantically. I smile, finding his excitement precious. I laughed. Okay wow. I collected the result from the middle aged man and scanned it. Is this for real?

We went straight to my mum's. I was embarrassed as hell but that was just the tip of the iceberg. When we went to Hammad's, his brothers hollered and popped opened a bottle of wine. They were legit dancing and singing around the house. Hammad included. Mama, Aisha and I just videoed them and laughed. We left before the grinch- I mean Hammad's dad returned.

When we got home, it was night. I saw Aisha's shadow run away from the sitting room immediately she heard us pull up. I felt bad for her.

"FF you and Aisha need to talk"

"What about?" He said with a clueless look on his face.

"Don't be like that. She can't keep living like an uninvited guest in her house. She's your wife afterall"

"Are you being serious right now?"

"Yes! I get that you didn't want the marriage but at least talk to her. Come to an agreement or whatever. Just talk. I hate seeing her like this"

He groans. This is all my fault. I couldn't help but imagine, what if i was in her shoes?

"You're not going to just talk. You're going to apologise "

"Excuse me?" He stares at me like I was changing color.

"For cancelling on her. For humiliating her. For everything"

"No way in hell!" I glared at him.

"Fine." I got out of the car and went into the house, hearing his footsteps behind me. He gets infuriating sometimes. I went straight to Aisha's room and knocked, disregarding his disagreement.

"Go away" she spits. I feel so terrible wallahi. The amount of pain I've caused her, I can't bare half. I totally understand why she hates me.

"Hammad wants to talk" I simply say and I hear her shuffling before the door opens. She hits my shoulder and walked past. I roll my eyes.

Hammad was typing on his phone in the dining area. She froze up when she saw him. I cleared my throat and he looks up, catching my eye. I can see that he wants to roll his eyes but he refrains. Aisha sat and I left the room.

THIRD PERSON'S P.O.V

After what felt like twenty days, he begins.

"Aisha, I know what I did is unforgivable. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have cancelled on you the way I did but I know if I hadn't, we won't last. You and I are polar opposites. And you know it was the wish of our fathers for us to get married not ours. We would have been miserable. "

The tension in the room was multiplying with every passing minute. The only sound aside Hammad's voice was the gentle humming of the air conditioning.

"I don't want this marriage either " she blurts out to Hammad's surprise.

"You don't?" Hammad asks again.