19~Cold, wet noodles ~

*I love spongebob*

Five years later

"I'm not going!" I say for the ninetieth time. This woman is getting on my nerves wallahi.

"Dan Allah mana. You can't let me go there alone!" Maryam whined. Her cousin is getting married and she wants to force me to go to some fancy wedding dinner. Pre wedding dinner. Can you imagine?!

"Mary, its your cousin's dinner and you know I don't have clothes and you know I hate wedding and fanciness and people" I complained

"Well too bad. You're going to have to suck it up because you are going. We are going to the designer tomorrow and we are shopping tomorrow"

"Ugh! I hate you!" I groaned and chucked a pillow at her. It hit her square in the face which made me dance a little in my head.

"Kina da matsala" she huffed.

"Yen yen yen get out."

" tomorrow by one"

"Kai! One? Why so early? Am i the bride?"

"I'm serious Samy. If you're not ready by the time I come I'll drag you out myself"

"As if" i laughed

"Whatever. Na tafi" she said and grabbed her keys.

"Later" I slumped back into bed. I should probably get out of bed, but I'm so tired. Working at a hospital is hell. Maryam and I are done with school. We're interns at a hospital here in Abuja. Today friday and tomorrow are our off days. We usually laze around till Monday comes back around. But sadly, this weekend is different. I.hate.Maryam

***

"Its too tight" I said to the designer.

"No its not. shut up" Maryam retorted.

"Wallahi ya matse. How am I supposed to breathe if the gown comes out this tight?" I complained.

"Ever heard of a corset sweetheart?" She asked with a mocking sweetness. There's no winning with her is there?

"You know I hate those death traps"

The designer just stood with the tape, waiting for me to tell her what to do.

"Go ahead. But the waist should just be three inches less-

"Five" I mugged Maryam hard and she laughed.

We picked our materials. Mine was royal blue velvet and Maryam's was red lace. I'm so excited because I love new clothes!

"Come back in two weeks ma'am" the designer told us.

"Two weeks?!"

"Shut up, perfection takes time" Maryam piped in. I roll my eyes and head out, leaving her behind.

I looked at the black heels and shook my head.

"Nope. There's no way I'm wearing that. I'm 5"7 for God sake!"

"So? Tall women wear heels"

"Not me, sorry boo" she begins to sulk and I laugh at her childishness.

*ring*

S: Kabiruuuu

K: yess baby girl, my one and only

I laughed. Kabir hasn't changed one bit even though he is going to be 28 tomorrow and he's a full practicing doctor. Soon to be oncologist. I'm so proud of him *wipes tears*

S: How's the birthday boy doing?

K: first, its not my birthday yet. Second, I'm so damn tired.

S: sorry baby. Rest then because tomorrow, we must turn up.