28~The Sleep Over

Maryam is not at work today. But what do I care? And eye for an eye right? I carried on with my work although I hate that I had to do some of hers. Most of it actually.

"Where is Maryam?" Mr Abdul, the senior at our workstation asked. I rolled my eyes before turning to face him, putting on my million dollar fake smile. I hate the guy. He's too nosy.

"I don't know sir"

"But I thought you are friends?"

"Were" I clarified.

His mouth went 'oh'.

"What happened?" I groaned internally. I really don't like people who suck at minding their business.

"Its personal sir" he looked at me with distaste before turning away.

"Well ask her why she's absent when you see her" is this nigga deaf? I roll my eyes again.

"23422!" I yell, frustrated signaling the next patient. I hate phlebotomy duty. The door opens and Hammad walks in. I face palm and laugh quietly.

"What are you doing here!"

"I have malaria" he says with a straight face. He's lying. I just shook my head and laughed as he sat on the chair across me. He rolled up his Kaftan sleeves. Man was wearing one of them black kaftans that I love so much!

I held on to his arm to apply the tourniquet. it was so big! My hand couldn't go around it. He then spoke

"Is this how you go the whole day touching men?" He asks smiling with his eyebrow quirked up. I roll my eyes and he reduces his to slits.

"What did I say about rolling your eyes at me?" I wanted to roll them again but I decided to ignore him and do my work. He flinched and bit his lip as I pricked him. Hehehe this is fun to watch.

"Are you trying to kill me beautiful?"

"Stop being a baby. You are like 40 years old"

He glares at me and I almost laughed.

"You know I'm not forty, not even close!"

"Thirty seven then?" I ask finishing up and taping him to stop  the bleeding with a cute emoji band aid we use for kids.

"Whatever, I'm coming for you tonight. Eight pm"

"That is my curfew"

"They are not home soo..."

"My dad has spies" I joked.

"They won't know its you because it'll be dark now shut up, you are going out with me"

I was about to speak when the door bursts open. To reveal Mr Abdul.

"What's the hold up Sameerah did you forget how to do your job? There are people piling here!" I rolled my eyes internally.

"No sir. I just had some questions" Hammad says. Mr Abdul nodded and left.

"Eight. I love you..."

I smiled. And he left. I wonder if I'm ever going to say it back. The word alone scares me.

I had just prayed my maghrib when my phone went off.

H: I'm assuming you are ready

S: why would you assume that, its barely seven o clock!

H: so?

S: I'm obviously not ready! You said eight.

H: I guess. What are you going to wear?