46~A dark cloud

Aisha was not in court. Today was supposed to be the day they pass her sentence. Maryam on the other hand, was sentenced to 25 years for being a murder accomplice. It hurt me to see my friend being cuffed and taken away. Her mum was crying and begging me but there is nothing I can do. She called it upon herself.

I heard that Aisha was to get life. No one has seen her since the last court session. I was apprehensive. I didn't like this hide and seek game she was playing.

I've decided to call Hammad's sister with her middle name,  'Nana' because calling her Aisha makes me feel like she would turn out to be like that murderer. She went back home today because she has to return to school tomorrow. Once more, it was just me and Hammad.

We were in the sitting room, having a dinner of doughnuts and tea when a frantic knock came on the door. I looked and Hammad and he looked at me.

"Stay" he ordered.

"Oga it's me ooo open open!" our gate man yelled. Hammad pulled on his shirt and went to the door. You know I followed him. He unlocked the door and the gate man was there with someone holding a knife to his throat. I gasped.

"I told you to stay back Sameerah !" Hammad said but I was too afraid to even move.

"What do you want Aisha?" He asks. She looks past us into the sitting room and eyed the plate of glazed doughnuts and cups of tea.

"So you think you can sit here enjoying and cuddling while I go to jail for the rest of my life? I'm twenty four!!" She yelled causing me to flinch.

"But you said-"

"Yes I don't give a damn about you but because of you and your stupid wife I'm going to jail. And your friend. Maryam" she said pointing the knife at my chest. Hammad moves to stand between me and her.

"She talked me into all this shit. Told baba you were sleeping around in the university and gave me that poison. She ruined my life. With your help. You three ruined my life" she says now pointing to Hammad.

"Yoi were the one who let her talk you into all this! Your fight should have been with me not Sameerah. I did the choosing, i called off the wedding!"

"You should have stuck to Baba's plan. We would have managed. Even if we weren't happy we would have been the ideal couple"

"I thought you forgave me?" Hammad asks. I just stood behind him, listening. I couldn't even see her so I decided to make myself useful. I crept to the couch and took my phone. We had the police on speed dial.

"You thought wrong! Now somebody has to die for your mistakes" she screamed. The police picked up. He has Hammad's number so he knows who is calling and from where. I slid the phone closer to the door so they could hear Aisha talking.

"Dan Allah kiyi hakuri (we're sorry)" Hammad pleads. Why won't we just close the door in her face? Oh, she'll kill the gate man. Is she actually capable?? Sirens blaring from a distance disrupted my thoughts.

"You called the police?! Now we are all going to die " she says launching herself forward. Hammad quickly shot the door in her face. She fell back and he locked her out . The gate man took that as his que to take off. He ran out of the open gate at cheeter speed.

Aisha was confused. The police were already surrounding the entire house. She ran to the fence and started climbing. She made it to the top but was met with the electric fence. It zapped and sent her back to the ground. She fell on her neck. She lay motionless with her eyes staring at the dark sky. Dead. I screamed at the top of my lungs.

The police busted in and saw her. Hammad and I were peeking out the window. I was trembling.

The police took her out in a body bag. I sat on the couch with my knees to my chest. I thought I was used to seeing dead people from anatomy classes but I wasn't. I was terrified.  The police asked a few questions and left after receiving a call.

***

I went home the following day. Mama was worried sick but I assured her that everything was fine.

Its really over. Maryam was in jail. And Aisha is dead. I prayed for Allah to forgive her shortcomings.

Everyone came to check if we were alright. The house was suffocating. It was as if a giant dark cloud was lingering above the house. Someone has died in this house. In my home.

Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihirrajiun....

A/N

HEY Y'ALL. OUR BOOK IS COMING TO AN END *SNIFFLES *

THIS BOOK HAS BEEN SOME SORT OF ESCAPE FOR ME AND I'M NOT HAPPY ITS ENDING BUT GOOD THINGS DON'T LAST RIGHT?

I KNOW ITS NOT THE BEST YOU'VE READ BUT I THINK I TRIED. THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING ME. REALLY, YOU GUYS HAVE NO IDEA HOW HAPPY YOU MADE ME. Y'ALL HAVE BEEN AMAZING. I APPRECIATE AND I LOVE YOU.❤