*accepted*

~In which Nana gets a life-changing letter~

It was the summer of 2010. Honestly, it had been a tiring day. Nana was ready to just hit the bed and pass out until tomorrow. But, no, of course her mom wouldn't allow that.

"Lee Nageum! Get down here and take out the trash!" Her mom hollered from downstairs.

She angrily sighed, but shouted back, "Coming, eomma!" with the most cheerful tone she could muster, because if her mom detected even the slightest hint of attitude, she would send her ass to hell and back. 

Trudging down the steps, and going through the living room, Nana saw her mom, dad, and brothers, sitting, watching some rerun on TV. She was confused: if the whole family was right here, why couldn't they do it? She shrugged it off, too tired to think properly, and finally reached her destination: the kitchen. She dragged the trash outside and dumped it in the bin before returning back inside, where she could finally, finally, get some sleep. 

Just as she was about to take her first steps upstairs, her mom called her, "Come over here."

Having no choice but to obey, she sat on the plushy sofa next to her, resisting the urge to just close her eyes and never open them again. "Hmm, eomma? Is there something you want to tell me?"

Her eyes were beginning to close, and things were getting hazy. She faintly heard the rustle of paper, but was too far gone to pay attention.

"Darling, just open your eyes and take a look." These gentle words made Nana sort of curious, so she slightly peeked, just to see the words "To Lee Nageum" in big letters across the front. Seeing as she almost never gets mail, this was quite intriguing to say the least.

She grabbed the letter and forced her eyes open, although they were hardly resistant as her interest grew. "Big Hit Entertainment," she muttered. "Wait...the Big Hit?" Nana could barely contain her excitement, and anxiety, as she began to open the letter. Unsurprisingly, she kept ripping the top of the envelope (she was never very good at opening these things) to the point where her mom just took it from her hands and did it smoothly in one swipe. She had no time to look at her with amazement, she was too busy anticipating the news inside. 

Her trembling hands grabbed the thin sheet of paper, the paper that would determine her future, but couldn't bring herself to actually read the contents. Eventually, her older brother got tired of waiting and snatched it from her hands. He started reading aloud, "Lee Nana, we at Big Hit Ent. are pleased to tell you that you are officially part of the family! We loved your audition, and would like for you to come in to headquarters to meet with us to discuss your bright future. Signed, Bang Si-Hyuk." It took a while for the news to sink in, but when it did, Nana was so happy she could burst. 

Everyone around her celebrated, except for her twin, who was still waiting for someone to sign to know what had just happened. Nana simply handed him the paper, to which he gave her two excited thumbs up. To be honest, she didn't think I'd get this far, since she felt like she totally botched the audition. She had accidentally messed up the song, but managed to catch herself before she made a complete fool of herself. She was hoping the judges didn't catch her slip up, but knew it was just wishful thinking. Miraculously, she had made it in against all odds, and she wasn't about to question her wondrous luck. 

Several days later, Nana found herself in front of Big Hit, soaking it all in. She both wanted to enter and wanted to leave. However, she pushed aside the latter thought and strolled in, albeit more confidently than she actually felt, clutching her acceptance letter, which would guarantee her entry. Security allowed her inside, and she inwardly sighed in relief, with all sorts of scenarios running through her head about how it was just a prank and she was about to make a fool of herself. As a twelve year old, she had quite the wild imagination. Thankfully, she had remembered to contact them before she had come so that there was an arranged employee ready to take her to the meeting. Now, if only she could find whoever it was...

She wandered a bit, looking around, and eventually got a little lost. As she looked at her watch to check the time, she ran into somebody, which ended in both of them falling with a groan. They looked at each other and burst out laughing, which attracted several stares; nothing you were concerned about at the moment. They both stood up, and introduced themselves.

"Hi, I'm Lee Nageum. Nice to meet you," she bowed slightly in apology.

"I'm Kim Namjoon, and meeting you is something I won't forget anytime soon," he chuckled a little at the end. "How old are you?"

"I'm twelve, almost thirteen, and you?"

"I'm fifteen, so I guess that means you have to call me oppa," he teased. "What are you doing here? I've never seen you around before...I think."

"I'm here for a meeting; I just got accepted into the company."

"Meeting? No way, I guess a lot of people are getting accepted lately 'cause I'm supposed to be escorting someone to a meeting today--wait, what did you say your name was, again?"

"U-um Lee Nageum?"

"Oh shi-," he said glancing at smudged black writing on his hand. "You're the one I was supposed to help today. And your meeting's at--now. We gotta go, c'mon," he started fast-walking down the hall. Nana struggled to keep up with her short legs. Just why were his legs so long?

They stopped abruptly, "alright, here's where you gotta be, Nana. Good luck, and I hope to see you around." He smiled with all of the excitement of a puppy and gave her a sweet thumbs-up.

"Thank you, oppa, and I hope to see you soon!" She grinned toothily, waved goodbye, and, before talking herself out of it, walked in.

The office was sunny and welcoming, but she felt a little intimidated in front of the man himself, Bang PD-nim. She soon came to realize that she shouldn't have, though, as he was just as friendly as his office suggested. 

"Lee Nageum, I'm so happy to welcome you to our Big Hit family. I just have to say, your audition was wonderful to watch, and I look forward to hearing that voice in the future. Now, you're going to have to be a trainee before you can debut, of course, but I'm sure that you will be able to make it in no time. Here's the contract, so just take it home and think it over for a few days, then come back and tell me your decision." Nana was glad he wasn't pressuring her to sign it there, as she had wanted her parents to look it over as well, just in case. With little more conversation, she left.

The next time Nana went to Big Hit, she was holding a signed contract, rather than a letter. After that moment, she practically lived and breathed Big Hit, living in the dorms and training rigorously. For several years, that's all she did, just waiting for her big break. She knew it wouldn't be easy; that she'd be lucky for even debuting, but she couldn't stop hoping for her chance to shine.

Then, finally it came. However, she wasn't with a girl group, nor was she a solo artist. She became a part of BTS, not-quite-famous-yet boy group, which she had never imagined in her wildest dreams. And that's where it all began...

 And that's where it all began

~~~

REQUESTS ARE OPEN!

NANAOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara