laughter

~In which the two maknaes can't stop~

"Hyung, shut up!" Jungkook exclaimed, embarrassed. Nana was giggling like a giddy schoolgirl over the story Jin was telling about the boy in question.

Wiping fake tears from her eyes, Nana let out one last laugh and straightened herself out, to the relief of Jungkook.

"Moral of the story: always tie your shoelaces," Jin ended. "Well, that's it for today, kids. I'm going to bed. Make sure to go to sleep early and brush your teeth," he reminded as he slipped out the door.

"Ok, dad," Kook rolled his eyes playfully as he sent him off.

"Nighty-night, Jinnie!" Nana called out childishly. 

"Kids these days..." they heard him grumble into the distance.

"So...what do you wanna do?" Jungkook asked. Right now they were in his room, and it was getting late.

"Overwatch?" Nana offered, asking a question she already knew the answer to. She got up before he could speak and retrieved the controllers. One was white and the other black: she was always white and he was always black, similar to yin and yang.

"~Maybe I'll be Tracer~" Nana hummed softly.

"~I'm already Tracer~" Jungkook played along. They looked at each other and burst into laughter.

"Stop looking at me! My abs hurt!" Nana choked out.

"What abs?" Jungkook replied through the pain.

Rather than responding, Nana just scolded, "Stop!"

"I'm not even doing anything!"

"I can't even look at you right now."

They took a few deep breaths, composing themselves, but one look at each other and it was over. Nana fell back onto the bed, curled up to minimize the cramping. Jungkook was in a similar fetal position on the floor. They managed to sober up again, but even listening to each other breathe was difficult.

"Get out!" Nana instructed, before she began laughing again.

"This is my room!"

A passing Jimin popped his head in the room after hearing the laughter. "Are you guys...ok?"

"No, he's trying to kill me!" Nana wailed, clutching her aching abdomen.

"Are you on crack?" Jungkook retorted, holding his head, which was beginning to hurt.

Before Jimin could respond, Taehyung walked by, shouting, "they have a very serious medical condition called 'dumbassery'. It's very contagious, Jiminie."

Jimin chuckled, "in that case, I'm gonna go. Have fun and don't die." Chasing after Tae, Nana and Kook could hear him ask if Tae wanted to watch Titanic and cry together.

Fortunately for the two maknaes, the interruption from the other members of the maknae line served to force them out of their bubble of humor. Both taking deep breaths, Jungkook whispered, "do you still wanna play?"

"Hell yeah."

~

It was late. Too late. Once again, the two succumbed to the temptation of round after round, and they had followed none of Jin's instructions. They were sure to get a scolding. 

"Let's go to bed, Kook."

"You're just saying that 'cause you won the last round and you want to end while you're a winner."

She rolled her eyes, even though he had totally seen through her plan, "uh, no, it's three in the morning and we have stuff to do tomorrow. I can already hear the stylist-unnies yelling at us for having huge eye bags."

"Fine. But we'll continue this later." He got up to put away the controllers and turn off the television. "You sleeping here, tonight?"

"Duh. I'm so exhausted, I can't even lift a finger," she spoke dramatically, drooping over the arms of a chair. 

Smiling fondly at her act, Jungkook strode over to her and picked her up, dropping her limp body onto his bed, where she proceeded to grab a pillow and curl around it. She yawned and closed her eyes sleepily.

"Scoot over," he shoved her lightly. She rolled until her back faced him and he could fit into bed. "Goodnight, Na."

"Night, Koo."

He took special care to tuck both of them in comfortably, and then he was out like a light.

~

"Wake them up, will you?" Jin asked Hoseok as he made breakfast.

"'K, hyung," Hobi trudged over to the youngest's room. He opened the door and was greeted with the sight of his two youngest members spooning. Nana was the big spoon.

Whipping out his phone at lightning speed, he took several pictures before calling over the other guys.

"Aww," Namjoon whispered, also taking pictures.

Yoongi, Jimin, and Tae, having just woken up, simply slinked over to the bed and draped themselves over the still sleeping members. Hobi and Joon took more pictures.

Jin appeared in the doorway. "This is great and all, but I'm pretty sure I told you to wake them up and now we have even more people sleeping. You did the opposite of a good job."

"A bad job?"

"You said it, not me."

A grumble sounded from underneath the bodies, "why does it feel like there's an elephant on top of me."

"That would be Taehyung." After hearing his name, Tae mustered just enough energy to squeeze his arm to show off his "elephant" and then fell back asleep. 

"Ok, I appreciate this scene, but we gotta go soon

"Ok, I appreciate this scene, but we gotta go soon. Get all of your asses up!" 

"Hyung~" whined them all collectively.

"Don't 'hyung~' me. Let's go!"

And so they did get up (after a few more minutes) and the stylists did, indeed, scold Jungkook, Nana, Jimin, and Tae (the first two for their dark circles and the last two for their puffy eyes from crying).