king taehyung

~In which two worlds collide~

A squeal, followed by raucous laughter, sounded from the living room. The noises made the various members of BTS scattered around the backyard perk their heads, eyes pointed towards the door where they were sure a group of rowdy men were to soon enter (exit?).

Not that they could say much, being a group of rowdy men–and one woman–themselves.

Sure enough, through the door they came, though much more mild-mannered then they seemed moments before.

It was almost funny–no, it was hilarious, Nana decided–the way the two groups appeared at that moment. It was straight out of a cheap mobster movie: two rival gangs, head to head, with one neutral party that happened to befriend both, eventually bringing them closer together...

She shook her head slightly, clearing out the movie in her head. Obviously, they weren't gangs, and they definitely weren't enemies. Well, perhaps with the exception of Jimin. 

Namjoon stood up from the grass, where he had been peacefully reading another philosophy book under the shade of a tree, prompting the others to arrange themselves around him. Ah, the duties of a leader are endless. Taehyung joined them, if only by walking a few steps away and turning to face the actors he had walked in with.

"Hi, we are BTS," they announced, all too used to the introduction. At least Minho understood.

The actors, left without an introduction, settled for offering their names one by one and bowing respectfully. There was hardly even time for any awkward silence before Tae excitedly began trying to draw them all together, not wanting anyone to feel left out.

After a while, things settled down, and a few were able to branch off into smaller groups. Take for example, Jimin, Hoseok, and Minho. Jimin and Minho were already acquainted with each other given Jimin's friendship with Taemin, Minho's Shinee groupmate. 

Seojoon had gravitated towards Namjoon, both discussing upcoming events in their respective careers. The two knew, arguably better than most, the pressures of being leaders in their fields. Also, they sort of bonded over the egg-like haircut they shared in the past. 

Seokjin and Yoongi had grouped up with the quietest of the bunch, actors Ji-Han and Yoon-woo. Jin acted as the primary moodmaker, helping them all feel comfortable. Though the actors weren't as close to Taehyung as Seojoon and Hyungsik were, they had still forged a nice friendship with the maknae. 

As luck would have it, Jungkook, Nana, Taehyung, and Hyungsik ended up chatting. Nana wasn't an idiot, and she certainly wasn't blind, so they sly-but-actually-rather-obvious looks her members were giving her didn't escape her notice. While Hyungsik was busy speaking to Kook, her eyes locked with Tae's.

With the power of her glare, she mentally communicated to him that yes, she knew what he was doing, and no, I am never telling you guys anything ever again.

He responded with his puppy-dog eyes, counteracted by his shit-eating grin, I know exactly what I'm doing, trust me.

Her glare intensified, nearly yelling inside her head, you are so going to pay for this Kim Taehyung. He simply looked away, laughing at something his friend said although he had probably heard nothing, ending their conversation.  

After a while of getting to know each other, each group having fluidly switched up a little until everyone had made the rounds, the doorbell suddenly rang. Nana, being closest to the door, announced, "I'll get it!" and made to leave.