<˚badminton˚>

~In which Nana is a sports star~

**This is an au requested by  eunnie_lee**

Nana was sweating. Before every match, she liked to jog around the building two times; it was like her good luck charm. Usually, she'd get it done early–way before people started coming in, but today she was running late because she missed her alarm. 

As her breath began to quicken, thoughts of stress and anxiety left her head, giving her the opportunity to calm down and just run. Despite her status as a badminton "legend", she still felt nervous before every game, and her quick warm-up gave her the chance to clear her head and prepare for the game ahead of her. 

By the time she finished her two laps, it was about time for her to go in and get ready for the match. Applauding herself mentally for her good timing, she turned to go through the doors. At that point, hardcore audiences were beginning to line up to enter the arena, so she turned her face away and darted through the entrance.

Or, at least, she tried to.

Two buff security guards, who seemed to have no prior knowledge of the world of badminton stopped her just before she was able to go in.

"What do you think you're doing? You see this line?" One of the men gestured to the people behind her. "You'll have to wait like everybody else."

"No, you don't understand, I'm in the match! I'm Nana."

"Do you know how many people try to get in to places by saying they're some celebrity or that they're 'supposed to be inside'? Spoiler alert, it's a lot more than you'd think. I need more than words to let you in."

Shit, she mentally groaned, I left all my stuff inside–no phone, no id, no nothing.

"See, the thing is, I left all my stuff inside, in my room. I just came out for a quick jog and I seriously need to go in now."

"Sounds like an excuse. Sorry, lady, I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

"Ugh!" She groaned in frustration. Everybody was going to be so mad at her, and she was going to be the reason they cancelled the match, and all because some stupid guy couldn't recognize her! Shouldn't they be carrying photos of the people that need to be inside, or a list of names? Well, that wouldn't help her anyway, considering she has nothing to prove her identity.

As she continued to frantically argue with the security guard, who was adamant that she was not who she said she was, a few people in the front of the line couldn't help but overhear. 

"...what do you not understand? I. Am. Nana. I am supposed to be inside; without me, they can't start, you absolute idiot!"

The group glanced at each other, shocked at what they had just heard.

"Did she just say she was the Nana?" Questioned one of the boys with widened eyes. He lifted the sign in his hand that had her face and an encouraging phrase on it. Pointing to it, he repeated, "the Nana?" The others shrugged, just as confused, but they continued to listen for more information.

"Can you just like, radio it in or something? Someone inside will be able to confirm my identity," Nana pleaded.

"Everyone inside is way too busy to deal with some girl trying to get inside early. Just get in line–wait, do you even have a ticket?"

"Of course I don't have a ticket! I'm playing in the game! You absolute idiot!" Nana was this close to ripping off this stubborn guy's head. "If something goes wrong because I'm not there, you'll have hell to pay."