infected

~In which Nana gets a nasty cold~

Ugh. 

That's exactly what Nana felt like waking up that Sunday morning. 

Ugh.

She could feel the little something at the back of her throat. She couldn't describe it, but she definitely knew she was going to feel a whole lot worse and soon unless she started pumping medicine into her system. She practically rolled out of bed and dragged herself to the medicine cabinet, rummaging around until she held up a bottle of cold medicine in her hand triumphantly. She traveled to the kitchen where she proceeded to measure out the correct dosage and took the gross-tasting syrup like a shot, quickly drinking some water in order to get rid of the after-taste. Next, she made hot ginger and lemon tea for herself, which was known to soothe throats and chase away colds. 

Jungkook found her sprawled on the couch, smothered in blankets, with tissues placed haphazardly in a pile on the table in front of her. Her mug was empty, and there were a few bottles of medicine as well; cough drops littered around her.

"Please kill me," she croaked. (She had learned this type of speaking from her brief time in America, where they spoke like this all the time.)

"Next time. As for now, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you're sick?" Jungkook was unfazed with her request.

"Sick of your shit, Jeon Jungkook," a cough racked through her body. "Just put me out of my misery," she was absolutely terrible. The  small tickle in the back of her throat had quickly escalated into a full-blown illness. Jungkook went and retrieved the thermometer to check for a fever.

"And...a whopping 102.8˚F (39.3˚C)," he read the number on the screen. "You are officially on bed-rest, effective immediately. You're basically not allowed to leave this building until your fever goes down. Even then, it has to be, what? Twenty-four hours? Guess you're stuck," he grimaced a bit.

"I don't think I would leave even if I was allowed to. I don't want to move," she whispered hoarsely. 

He whipped out his phone to text to the groupchat "NANA DOWN. SEND HELP." This definitely alarmed the others, who rushed to the room as fast as they could. Jungkook had always had a flair for the dramatic.

"What's wrong?" Yelled a flustered Jin, who had run over. What he saw was a huddled mass of fabric and a pale-faced Nana. The others, panicking, had run in as well, and were shocked to see what looked like a miniature Jabba the Hutt sculpture made of blankets on their couch. 

A muffled groan came from the inside of the mass, which upon closer look was, in fact, Nana, in response to Jin's question.

"She's sick," Jungkook answered for her.

"Yeah, no shit Sherlock," muttered Yoongi.

"She has a fever of 102.8˚(39.3˚), a lot of coughing and sneezing, and basically hates being alive at this moment," he explained exactly how she was feeling. She would have nodded along, but that meant effort, and she didn't want to use any. 

They were going to crowd around her, but decided on second thought that perhaps that wasn't the best course of action. 

"Is there anything you need?" Hobi asked.

She brought out her hands from the cocoon and signed WATER. Luckily, she had taught the boys a few basic signs in KSL (Korean Sign Language), and used them in place of speaking. He was quick to understand and left to get warm water for her.

She had the look of absolute misery on her face and the boys could barely stand to look at her. Not because they were disgusted, but because they couldn't bear to see their precious Nana feel this way (but also because they were a little bit disgusted). Of course, it wasn't the end of the world, but it sure felt like it to her. Everything sucked.