<witch>

~In which the members live in a world of magic~

"You're doing it all wrong, Jungkook!" Jin exclaimed, exasperated. He had been trying to tutor the younger in elementals spells for his upcoming test. Not to toot his own horn, but he had graduated that class with high honors, so it was only right to try and help his friend.

"I had it down before you came, hyung!"

"Really?" Jin scoffed. "Fine, show me then."

Jungkook was having flashbacks to himself as a child, his father looming over him as he worked, pointing out his flaws. He gathered that feeling, lifted his hand palm upright, and watched as a small flame popped up.

"Well, at least you can do that much," Jin sniffed, proud but unwilling to give in. 

Jungkook wasn't about to quit now, especially after the grueling session he'd just had with Seokjin. He preferred him as a close friend, rather than a tutor. So, with a smirk, he continued, concentrating hard.

Suddenly, the little flame jumped, and out sprouted a tiny body and cute eyes, blinking up at the two. 

"What the f-!" Jin screamed. "What is that?" He pointed as he cowered away.

"Don't scare it, Jin-hyung. This here is my newest friend." He cooed as it waved, dancing in his palm.

"How in the hell did you do that?" 

"I might suck at memorization, but apparently I'm really good at improvising."

"You call giving life 'improvising'? What a Jungkook thing to do. Life really isn't fair, is it?" He trailed off, reflecting on his life choices. He blinked as he realized Kook was focusing solely on the flame in his hand, tuning out Jin. "I'm calling Namjoon."

Lo and behold, minutes later, Namjoon came rushing in, bumping into every possible thing on the way in. They winced as they heard crashing noises and his quiet exclamations of pain.

"What's this about Kookie giving birth?"

"I said 'giving life', dumbass," Jin explained, rolling his eyes.

"Isn't that the same thing?"

"See for yourself," he gestured helplessly towards Jungkooks outstretched palm.

"Oh, Kook, congrats on making fire, I know that was hard–what is that?" What Namjoon had thought was a simple flame was now doing what looked like the worm. "And why is it so good at dancing?"

"Hmmm...good question. Maybe we should name it Hobi since hyung is such a good dancer," Jungkook pondered, much too chill for Jin's liking.

"How about no?" Jin responded.

"I don't really like that name, hyung." Jungkook tsked. Turning his attention to the flame, he made his voice cuter, saying, "is Hobi a good name? Do you want to be Hobi?" It giggled as he tickled it, a sound surprising but not unwelcome.

"It seems to get smarter as time passes...I'll call the others to see what they think." Namjoon smiled. "I'm still proud of you–this is an incredible gift, Jungkook." Kook beamed at the praise.

A short while later, eight of them were gathered on the floor of Jungkook's bedroom. The newcomers were enraptured at the sight of the sentient fire blinking up at them innocently.