박지민 | mochi

~In which Nana and Jimin reminisce~

"Woah, check this out," Nana motioned for Jimin to come over

"Woah, check this out," Nana motioned for Jimin to come over. "I didn't know we had photo albums," she was shocked to see that someone had saved all of their memories and taken the time to put them into organized albums like these. Even though they were constantly in the spotlight and their pictures were everywhere, in these albums there were only candids, meant to capture the reality of their lives and relationships. 

Flipping through the first one, she realized that it dated all the way back to the debut days. She couldn't help but tear up a little at how far they had come. She remembered vividly the days where they had little money and were stuck in one room. That's really when they all bonded and came together as a family, and she was grateful that she had gone through that with them. Most of all, it kept them humble, as they each had one another to keep them in check and remind themselves of the hardships they had had to face.

Jimin, seeing her cry, and being a very sensitive person, also began to feel moisture gathering at his eyes. He sat next to her on the ground with albums and cardboard boxes scattered around them (they were going through some old boxes that had been stashed in the backs of closets for some spring cleaning) and watched as she flipped through each page slowly, as if lost in memories. The others, who were supposed to be helping, had conveniently found last-minute excuses and as a result, only the two members were stuck on cleaning duty. 

She stopped on a page that was filled with pictures of the younger Jimin. Each member, it seemed, had entire pages dedicated to them, followed by a series of pictures of them with other members. Each was decorated according to their personality, or rather, their personality at the time. Jimin cringed when he saw himself.

"I can't believe I thought that was cool," he groaned, putting his head in his hands. 

"I think it's adorable," she teased, "and look at your chubby little cheeks!" He merely groaned again in response

She scanned through the rest of the pictures. "Aww, my little Mochi," she poked his cheek quickly, "I miss him."

"What do you mean, 'you miss him'? I'm literally right here, better than ever," he huffed proudly.

"It's just not the same, anymore. You know I love you now, but, man, you were the cutest back then, with your baby fat...." she looked at him as if trying to overlay the image of him back then onto the him now. He had definitely become almost a different person altogether, in terms of looks, and had slimmed down a lot and sculpted his body. There was no more of that Mochi at first glance.

Then again, once you talked to him for, like, five seconds, it all came back. He could never escape his name. 

"What, you don't think I'm cute now?" He was slightly offended.

"That's not the problem," she muttered under her breath, too low for him to hear.

"Hmm?"

"You've always been cute, my little Mochi," she ignored the fact that she was littler than he was. 

He smiled, embarrassed. When it really came down to it, he acted shamelessly but couldn't take it when someone acted shamelessly back. 

They continued to flip through. The album was organized in order of age, so, of course, she was the last. It was her turn to cringe.

"Why did I do this to myself?" She cried. 

"Aww, I think you look adorable," he repeated her words and grinned widely.

"Shut up," she whined. 

"Looks like I wasn't the only mochi here, either" he pointed at her fuller cheeks. She had almost forgotten amidst her teasing of him that she, too, had lost all of her baby fat over the years. They had been two peas in a pod at the time.

She got over her embarrassment quickly. Being ashamed was never her thing, which was what made it so easy to manipulate the others. Not that she was malicious, but the truth was whatever she wanted she would find a way to get. You couldn't do that with pride in the way. 

"Whatever. There's only one true Mochi, and that's you, Chim. You can't deny it."

He elected to ignore her in favor of turning the page. The following pages were filled with pictures of her and the boys. Albeit, not as full as the others' had been, as she was still getting comfortable with them as well as her touch aversion. Her guard was all the way up, and as a result, she hadn't been able to forge as much of a bond as the boys had with each other in the beginning. Now, however, was a totally different story. 

As they looked through, it occurred to them at the same time that Jimin was in the majority of them. They had never realized it, but they were the closest pair out of all of the members, and it showed in these memories. In most other pictures with Nana, she was in the background or forcing a smile while standing away from the others. In these, she was actually smiling, yet still standing a bit away from him. Some pictures were of them dancing, which was what had made them so close in the first place. When they danced, all problems faded away and it was as if they were one being.

They were brought back to the feeling of being intertwined on the dance floor all throughout the years. Her most common partner was Jimin, having both been trained in contemporary dance and their styles were very similar. She choreographed for him often, and they performed together more than any other members. 

With all that passion, it was hard not to fall. 

They both looked up, coincidentally meeting each other's eyes straight on. Each was caught up in the memories of being in each other's arms, everything else fading away. Their breath intermingled in the small space between them, and, surprisingly enough, Jimin made the first move towards her, which she didn't hesitate to respond to.

"Well," Nana began after they had parted, "I guess you're all grown up now, Mochi."

"Shouldn't I be saying that to you?"

Hours passed, and the others walked in to see Jimin lying on the floor and Nana's head using his stomach as a pillow, both fast asleep with pictures surrounding them. Nana's hand rested upon a picture of the both of them, dancing.

~~~

In honor of Jimin's birthday, here it is: my attempt at making a Jimin one-shot. Sorry I haven't been updating as much, but I promise I'm going to update a little more regularly now :)