박지민| daredevil

~In which Nana and Jimin take a ride~

"I hate you forever."

"No, you don't."

"Yes, I do. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be on this stupid death trap." He glared at her smug smile. 

"C'mon, live a little, Jiminie!" She was giddy–much like her BTS twin Jungkook, she craved the adrenaline that came with thrilling amusement park rides, especially roller coasters. 

"How can I live if I'm going to die here?" He groaned, clutching the safety bars tightly.

"Fine, next time I'll bring Kook," she soothed. Her partner in crime was, unfortunately, out of town visiting his family, so she had no choice but to drag along her unwilling victim Jimin.

"No! Uh, I mean, I'll do it!" For some reason, the idea of being replaced by Jungkook sent Jimin into a fluster.

"Ok...? Weren't you literally just saying how you wish you weren't here?"

"That was just a phase. I'm fine now."

"I'd believe that more if your knuckles weren't white from gripping the bars so hard," she glanced at his hands. He tried to loosen them, but it was as if they were locked in place. He laughed weakly.

"Don't worry about me, I'm not afraid at all. I'm a strong man," he insisted. She couldn't help but think that he looked like a child telling his mom that he was all grown up.

She laughed, "ok, I get it. Strong man Jimin."

"YeAH–" he started, before being rudely interrupted by the beginning of the ride. The vehicle rode smoothly for a short while; so calmly that he convinced himself he would be fine. He was not fine.

Usually, Nana liked to scream on roller coasters, as many do, even if all she felt was thrill. This time, she laughed the whole way down after listening to Jimin, who was both screaming and cursing the entire time.

As the ride came to an end, she leapt out happily, ready to explore other attractions. Jimin stumbled out, weak in the knees, only making her laugh more. She scooped his arm over her shoulders and helped him hobble out.

"Let's go, strong man. Why don't we go on the carousel for a little while, hmm? Get your land legs back?"

He just nodded gratefully. At first, he had been ashamed of his behavior, but upon reflecting and realizing this is Nana, for god's sake, she already knows I'm a coward, he just accepted his fate. She, on the other hand, was torn between feeling bad for forcing him to go with her and wanting to tease him.

They settled themselves on the horses, Jimin slightly in front of her. He had to say that he did enjoy this ride much more–yes, it was slower, but it was just much more aesthetic than those huge rollercoasters. He didn't miss the chance to take as many selfies of himself and Nana during the short ride. 

What he loved most about her was how adaptable she was, even with silly things like making faces at the camera. It was almost as if they functioned with the same brain sometimes, especially in times like these, when their faces changed expressions, effortlessly matching each other. He continued to snap pictures, the last being a blurry mess of them laughing.

As they got off the ride, Jimin took the opportunity to grab her hand and swing their hands back and forth exaggeratedly. 

"Where to next, Minie?" Nana asked, amused as she watched their hands soar, then plummet, repeatedly. 

"Food!"

"You know the stuff they sell at theme parks is way more expensive than it should be right? And it's barely even food, it's just sugary stuff–"