plan (1)

~In which Jungkook = mastermind~

The biggest cowards in the group went almost without saying. Anything, whether it be a dropped item, sudden surprise, or even something they saw coming but was scary, prompted reactions that were simply hilarious to watch. However, while scaring them was easier than breathing, it was the other more stoic members that were extremely satisfying to watch. There was something about the challenge that made scaring them feel like a hard-earned reward.

One such stoic member was Nana. After everything she'd been through, she found no reason to be scared of anything other than real-life situations. The supernatural never bothered her, and she enjoyed the thrill of adrenaline that others cowered away from. Despite her being the youngest, she was the best to hide behind and shiver in fear when something unsettling happened.

She enjoyed this status of "fearless member". The only one who could possibly rival her was Taehyung, but he still had his moments. The others couldn't really recall any time when she was shocked or scared (other than the obvious traumas and kidnappings, of course). 

Of course, when faced with such a challenge, their ultimate goal was to finally scare the shit out of her. 

This obsession began before their debut, when they were just beginning to know each other. The others had already had their fair share of shocks, which were natural when living with someone else, not to mention seven, for the first time. It ranged from broken dishes to suddenly appearing next to another person to random loud noises. Soon, it became a game to see who could scare others the most. Surprisingly, the ranks were pretty even, since this was before some had developed their tolerance for shock. 

Yet, one member remained the winner, and that was Nana. Disregarding the invisible barrier that surrounded her 24/7 (her touch intolerance was an unforeseen advantage), no matter what, she wouldn't even bat an eye. Shattered plates? Nothing except for an offer to help clean up. Loud noises? Ignored. Jump scares? Laughter; mostly directed towards the others, who usually fell or did something equally hilarious. Scary decorations or masks? Admiration for detail.

It felt like there was nothing that could knock that crown off her head. (She wasn't even aware of her royal status; she had no idea there was a game dedicated to scaring each other. She figured they were all just clumsy and a little insane.)

Jungkook was planning something. She knew this because she once knocked on his door and was told "Go away. I'm planning something." He wasn't very subtle.

She chalked it up to his strangeness–no one ever really knew what was going on in that brain of his–and shrugged it off. Meanwhile, on the other side of that door, Jungkook was sketching and writing numbers that meant nothing other than making it seem more serious than it was. He was scribbling words furiously on notebook paper that detailed a plan that only he understood. But not for long.

Another knock sounded on his door, distinctively not Nana's. After all this time living together, they could each identify the others with ease. Jungkook just happened to be better at it. 

"Come in, Tae. And Jimin." He responded, never looking up from his work. They entered and closed the door behind them, approaching the table where he was seated. 

"What's going on?" Jimin questioned, seeing a mess of papers surrounding the younger member.

"Isn't it obvious?" Jungkook retorted, giving absolutely no clue of what he was doing.

"Kook is planning on scaring Nana with this ridiculously elaborate prank in order to win once and for all. Except he's forgetting that even if she does get scared, she'll still be winning, since we've all been scared way more times than she has." Taehyung, a professional Jungkook-whisperer explained.