serendipity

~In which Nana falls in love with a song~

Here she was again, sleeping in her studio chair for the fourth day in a row. Some might call it unhealthy to be so unwilling to leave her "office" without an award-winning song–she called it passion.

Her passion for music surpassed any other logic; perhaps this stemmed from her uncaring attitude towards her own health after enduring such life-threatening trauma at a young age. Or perhaps, she simply wanted to write a song without being interrupted by such trivial things as life. Whatever the case, she wasn't about to break her streak now.

She rubbed the back of her neck, feeling an ache that came from sleeping in a chair. Groaning, she stood up, stretched, cracked as many of her joints as possible, then stumbled out of her studio into the communal kitchen, where she filled her mug with coffee to wake herself up. Then she trudged her sorry ass back into her cave and shut the door, ready to begin work again.

And she sat in that stupid chair, looked at her stupid equipment, sipped her stupid coffee, and felt annoyed at her stupid brain.

"Why can't I think of anything?" She put her head in her hands. She knew that this lifestyle probably wasn't very nurturing of creativity (if she had any left at this point), but she didn't want to change now in fear that she would lose, well, something. 

She flopped facedown on her couch, feeling her annoyance levels rising. Mindlessly grabbing for something, she felt a cushion in her grasp and just punched it repeatedly to let off some steam. She might've also let out a few curses, but it was all a little hazy to her.

"Woah, woah, woah, what's going on here?" She heard someone exclaim. She froze. She was sure she was a sorry sight: an adult woman throwing a tantrum in the solitude of her studio.

She rolled over, tucking the cushion into her arms, "hi, Namjoon."

"What did Shooky ever do to you, huh?" He stared pointedly at the BT21 character in her embrace: one she had just learned was her beloved Shooky pillow. "I'm sure Yoongi-hyung can feel all those punches in his soul right now."

She chuckled as she smoothed out the surface of the soft pillow, which had been ruffled up due to her temporary bout of insanity. "Sorry you had to see that."

She sat up slightly, allowing him to slide into the space where her head had been. Then she lowered her head onto his thigh (the best pillow, in her opinion) and looked up at him. He gently stroked her hair, sensing that she needed some comfort and that it was probably therapy time.

"Tell me what's on your mind, baby."

Covering her face with Shooky, she began, muffled, "I just can't seem to do anything. I'm in a slump, Joonie. Usually I'd have so much more than this by now: melodies, lyrics, even some basic beats. I think I forgot how to music."

He pulled down the plush slightly to reveal her eyes, then lifted one eyebrow (you know the classic Namjoon eyebrow lift). "I seriously doubt that you 'forgot how to music', Na. You're just...a little lost, that's all." He paused and smiled warmly. "And I'll help you find your way."

Together, they agreed she needed a change of scenery, so he suggested they head to the garden in the back. Years ago, when they had moved to a new building, Nana managed to convince Hitman Bang to allow her to plant a garden behind the building (although it didn't take much persuasion on her part–he was pretty chill).

Now, it was a flowering place where the members (and sometimes staff, though it was usually off limits to anyone else other than BTS and senior members) could relax. Taehyung especially loved it because he could use it as a setting for his photography.