Chapter thirty nine

Who do you think wrote it?

I bet Hailey wrote it

No she couldn't have

Maybe it was Keith?

All I could hear was other people talking about what I wrote. I didn't think that it would get this out of hand,why did I have to do this to myself

I spotted Camila at her locker taking some books out, I made my way over towards her

'Good morning Mila' 'good morning y/n how are you on this fine school day' she said with boredom evident in her voice 'come on cheer up we're alive' I chuckled and hit her lightly on the arm, she looked at me unsatisfied 'yeah what a wonderful life' she said sarcastically,we then silently walked towards our next class until Camila spoke up breaking the silence between us 'so who do you think wrote that thing in your English class cause whoever did is an idiot like obviously the teachers are gonna want to know who wrote it if they talked about killing themselves' she laughed, I stopped walking Camila noticed and stopped walking now facing me 'I-I wrote it Mila'

She looked at me for a moment before grabbing my arm and bringing me into one of the janitors closet 'what the hell is wrong with you you idiot' she slapped me on the back of my head, 'ouch' I said rubbed the back of my head 'y/n what was going through your mind writing that and telling me that it was you in the corridor with not to mention at least twenty people around us', I sighed 'I don't know I just....I just wanted to get the thought out of my head'

Camila looked at me for a moment 'so you think about killing yourself' I looked at the ground 'yeah' I mumbled

Camila pulled me in for a very tight hug, we stayed hugging for a minute, I then started to cry on her shoulder 'I just don't know what to do' Camila held me tighter 'shhh you'll be fine y/n, you'll be fine you're too smart to do something like that'

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

My whole year group got called to the auditorium because the principal wanted to speak with us and I already had an idea of what he was going to be speaking to us about

'Good afternoon students' he said fixing his tie, it was him, Miss Gadot and Miss Kennedy 'I think you all know why we're here talking to you and if not let me refresh your minds, it's about what was written in the English class on Monday morning- 'I don't see why all of us should be here like we're all not in that English class' one of the students said getting a few others to agree with him

'I know that but we just wanted to inform all of you that there are people here you can talk to including myself, Miss Gadot and Miss Kennedy and we're just trying to figure out who wrote the note in the English class now we're not going to go around interrogating all of the students in that English class we're going to let whoever wrote it to come to us but... if that person does not come forward we will need to start asking around'

Megan raised her hand asking for permission to speak 'yes miss fox' the principal said 'so like if you find out who wrote it are you going to tell us' 'no we will not let anybody know because everyone deserves their privacy' when he said that Megan sat back in her chair looking annoyed 'is there anymore questions' the Principal said looking around at all of us 'okay you all can go back to your classes'

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

I arrived home from school a little later today because the school bus was late coming to collect us all from the school

I entered my house as usual, I didn't know if my mom was home or not because the house was so silent even if you dropped a pin you'd hear it hit the ground

'Mom are you home' I called out from the front door 'I'm in the kitchen y/n come here'. I made my way into the kitchen to see my mom leaning  both of her arms on one of the kitchen counters 'what's up' she picked her head up and looked at me 'y/n your school called me to inform that there was this letter written in one of your English cla- 'I wrote it' silence filled the room my mom and I were just staring at each other I could tell that she didn't know what to say

'Y/n' she whispered and came running to me to embrace me in a hug, it took me a while to hug back because I was too focused on trying to hold back my tears 'y/n' she said again and held me tighter,that's when I just broke down this time I cried worse than I did this morning with Camila 'mom I need you' I said in between sobs 'I need you' I repeated 'I'm here baby I'm here' she rubbed my back 'tell me what's going on' I broke out of the hug so I could talk to her properly 'I feel lost and and I can't act like everything is normal anymore'

She held my face with both of her hands wiping my tears with her thumbs 'y/n one thing I know for sure about you is that you are a strong and beautiful person and I just want you to know that nothing and I mean nothing lasts forever honey good or bad' 'can you promise not to tell the school' 'I promise' she then pulled me in for another strong hug.