Choices

"I'm tired Y/N." Kendall said as she began to rant and vent on you.

You were a person that couldn't stand the silence, the sight of people wallowing in pain, a person that should be happy but isn't happy. You were someone who'd answer the call for help as soon as they can whenever gives out a hint they were depressed, frustrated, or downright suicidal. You'd offer a shoulder to cry on, yourself to vent on, and generally trying your very best to help them. To the point that you may actually annoy them.

You couldn't help it, you wanted to do good to them, because they deserved it, but sometimes. You just ended up making yourself feel like a piece of crap because the voice in the back of your mind has another thing to say just to make yourself feel bad. That you failed at what you tried to do, that you failed to support them when you could, that you are a complete asshole for thinking that you should give up, keep quiet, and just watch them suffer.

It pained you to actually do what you thought for once, watching them suffer in silence when there is the opportunity to help them right in front of you. However, the prospect of them just being too kind to you because of what you did for them instead of actually telling you what's on their mind whenever you talk to them hurt even more.

"Will this person ever shut up?"
"I wish this person would just leave me alone."
"Well this is obnoxious."
"Blah blah blah, ain't helping."
"I really wanna unfriend this person right now."
"Fucking hell, when will this person shut up?!"

Kendall was one of the people you currently help out whenever they feel down. She was quite special, you actually began caring a lot more than usual. Considering her as a sister. So whenever she began to rant, vent, complain, cry, or ask for help, you'd think crucially on what to tell her. 

This time however, she was actually fell asleep while talking to you, so right now, she was sleeping on your shoulder. You smiled at the calm moment, that she is finally getting a bit of rest that she needs currently, but her phone was getting notifications constantly, so you slowly took her phone from her hands in hopes of not disturbing her and turned of the ringer, but accidentally looked at her messages.

It was other people trying to cheer her up, you looked at her dismayed but smiled, she had other people that are willing to do their best to take care of her. To make sure she was safe and sound, happy in doing whatever she is doing, and willing to offer a shoulder to cry on. Basically people that do exactly what you are doing.

You were happy that she had others like you. That means she will never be alone like she always feared. You frowned however at the thought that you weren't her first choice. That you are replaceable in the end. That if you were to leave, she'd forget about you and all the times you two were happy to be with one another. The friendship and bond you two formed with one another would ultimately mean nothing. 

You thought of one irrational thing to do and one rational thing to do.

Keep silent and continue doing what you are doing now?

Leave her alone for awhile, see what happens?

Author's Note:
Which one?