Part ----

(Y/N's point of view)

I entered the establishment, looking for my friend who wanted to hang out. Looking around I couldn't really spot him.

He was late, as usual. 

I bought a drink and sat down. It seems rude not to buy a drink before sitting down in a shop like this. 

As I looked around, I was apparently sitting next to an old friend of mine that I could hardly recognize.

She was wearing round eyeglasses with a strand of braided hair tucked behind her ear. It suited her well. Her fair skin and puff lips, fair yet astounding at the same time. Her focused eyes already putting me into a trance without even knowing it, and she wasn't even looking at me. She dressed cutely, long sleeves that covered her well, all the way down her waist. She was drawing a few random sketches on a black sketch book, I was amazed at her work when I managed to see it after peering into it. 

After a few seconds of looking, I began to blush after realizing that I might be staring for too long so I quickly looked in front of me.

He still wasn't here. An old friend of mine was right next me and she looks amazing. Blushing at the thought of the infatuation with her. I glanced at her from time to time while drinking. 

"Talk to her." Was the only phrase that came into my mind repeatedly. 

I hitched a sigh then looked at her once more, was trying to see if talking to her was the best idea right now seeing as it might be awkward. We haven't talked in ages. Last time with did, it was graduation at high school. I congratulated her for getting honors and managing to beat school. 

Man... looking back at it. School was rough, for everyone. 

Having bent down and lowered my head a bit more. I simply said.

"That's a nice drawing." I shyly said, goddamn. What a nice conversation-starter Y/N. There is no telling if she'll res..

"Please, you probably could do better." She suddenly said, not evening looking at me but surprisingly responded. My eyes widened as I heard her voice. She didn't speak much before, she barely did actually. I don't remember her having that many friends in high school. Just a few, I do recall she had a relationship with someone during sophomore year though. I wonder what happened with that one. 

"I doubt... the last time I drew something was when I was so utterly bored, and I hardly think it would be on par with such drawings that you create, judging from that." I responded, referring to her cute random doodles. Ghosts. Small ghosts that looked more cute instead of scary. Funny, I recalled I was good at drawing before, when I was a kid, but I lost the touch as I focused on other things instead of that.

"Mm... Why thank you for the compliment uhm.." She dragged, not knowing my name pretty much does that right. 

"Say your name.. Please." Was what she said next, her voice shifted from confident and profound to shy and quiet, as if she saw me and thought. "Why the hell is this person here?"

I began overthinking what's with the sudden shift of tone but I still managed to murmur out my name loud enough for her to hear.

"Y/n? From high school?" Was what she asked, and I slowly nodded my head up and down. 

"Yeah... the very same one Kendall." My friend said as he sat in front of me. Grinning at the two of us. 

"Ah... well. Best that I go now. Nice seeing you Y/N." She said as she packed her things up and was about to leave.

"Stop her." Was all that came into my mind as I breathed in and spoke. 

"Please wait. Can I have your contact information? It would be nice to hang out with you." I said in a shy tone. So shy that I thought that she won't at all and probably ignored me.

"Mmm... sure." She said, as she brought out her phone and showed me her number, which I quickly typed it down in my phone's contact list.

"Great seeing you Kendall." I said as she smiled and gave a thumbs up before leaving.

I sighed as I hunched down and looked at my drink. Blushing red from the interaction with a person that may be considered the pinnacle of beauty and cuteness in my book. I heard a stifled laugh and looked up straight to my friend. Zayn.

"You are whipped! Y/N has a crush!" He chuckled out as he kept on grinning at me. Taking photos and probably sending it to the group chat we had with everyone else.

I just blushed and looked down. 

I'm infatuated with Kendall..

Author's Note:

I'm thinking of making a full story out of this.