Chapter 5

It had been 2 months since Rin's death and your injury. You stare at the team photo once more, slowly clambering out of bed and slipping on your jounin vest, wincing as your back stretched too far. You walk out of your room, down the stairs, and out the door. You stare at the clouds floating past, passing small cafes and stores on your trek to the hokage's office. Walking up the stairs, you enter the building and walk into Minato's office. 

"Ah, Y/N! It's been a while. I have a scroll addressed to you."

"What is it?"

"I... don't actually know. When I tried to untie it, well... it kinda paralyzed me?"

"Is it safe?"

"Other than the paralysis, it seems pretty safe."

"Did Adrian send a cat mug with 'protective' measures again?"

You shiver, remembering the mess the bomb caused.

"I don't think so. He usually has weird stickers on it, and this looks like parchment. Besides, Adrian would have a card attached."

"May I see the scroll?"

"Sure thing."

Minato pulled out a large scroll, it having ink stains and yellow, crinkled paper. It was tied together with a thick maroon ribbon, reminding you of Adrian's armor. You carefully grabbed it, holding it gently and looking it over. 

"Hmm. This scroll is definitely interesting."

"You should see if you can open it, I'd like to know the contents. Oh, there is also this scroll, but it's much smaller."

"Got it. And thank you."

You held the scroll under your arm, putting the smaller one in your satchel and quickly teleporting home. You put the scroll down on your table, walking over to a chair. You sit down, staring at the scroll as if it held 7.534 megatons of weapons-grade plutonium. You sigh heavily, slowly untying the ribbon. The scroll automatically unrolled, revealing ancient texts and images. The four corners and the center were all marked with symbols, each of them glistening, as if the ink were just recently put down. They began to shine, and the corners fold inwards, the entire scroll glowing. You jump back, startled. The four corners snap back open, revealing a black void where the rest of the parchment used to be. 

A small stream of blue energy emerged, wriggling around before freezing. It lashes toward you, wrapping around your ankle and beginning to drag you to the hole from where it originated. You grasp at everything you could, holding on to the counter as the stream struggles. A few more join it, wrapping around your other ankle, your wrists, your stomach, the last one coiling around your neck as it wrenches you off. You yell as it pulls you in, the scroll fading to ash as the string sits ontop of the pile.

Madara and Hashirama stare at each other, holding stones as they prepare to throw them, winding up their arms. A black square opens up about 50 feet above them, releasing a sound similar to that of an sword getting unsheathed. A figure fell from it, plummeting straight down. They stare as the figure gets closer, soon registering it and freaking out. 

"WHAT DO WE DO?!" Madara screams.

"I DON'T KNOW" Hashirama replies, just as loud.

In the midst of their screaming, you hit the water, the large splash casting a big shadow over the two boys. 

You open your eyes, seeing water and frowning. You swim to the top, crawling out over the rocks and scowling. 

"My clothes got wet again. Wait, where am I?"