Chapter 30

"That's it? Yo?!" Tsunade stares incredulously at your shaded face. "And what's with those sunglasses?!"

"Woah, calm down. I was hammered yesterday, cut me some slack."

"Hammered?" Kakashi asks, seeing your slow nod.

"The Stone has some good sake. But, I'm currently dealing with the after effects, which are not as good."

Tsunade nods. "The Stone does have nice sake. What were you doing with this... friend of yours?"

"Other than me getting drunk, he asked me for some help with a mission of his."

"What village is he from?" She asks, Kakashi listening intently.

"I dont quite know how to explain it, but he's a lot like how Adrian was."

Kakashi nods, but Tsunade still looks confused.

"Adrian? As in Adrian the Fire-Walker? You knew him?"

"Yup. He was my buddy." You plainly answer. "But my friend is a lot like him. Just drifting, doing shit."

"What did you do for the mission?" Kakashi questions.

"Well, Orochimaru doesn't have a base in Iwagakure anymore." You shrug, adjusting your shades as you decide to just sit down. If you had any guilt about bending the truth, it was negated by the pounding of your head.

"You destroyed it?" Tsunade eyes you, you nodding as you lean against your fist.

"Mhm." Your half-lidded eyes slowly close as you blink tiredly, yawning. "I'm just...just really fuckin tired. Like, sorry for being unprofessional, but I feel like garbage. Like a dumpster fire that you can use to cook some sketchy hotdogs you got off of an equally sketchy street vendor. It's not good."

"I can tell." Kakashi walks over, crouching next to you. "Jiraiya wants to speak with us, but I think you need some more rest."

"You know it. I am pretty much three seconds from keeling over." You weakly smile at him, and Tsunade shakes her head.

"Well then. You clearly need rest. After, meet with Jiraiya. Keep hydrated, and please, please, actually report to me before you disappear again." She advises, acknowledging your attention based off of the lazy salute.

Kakashi offers a hand, which you take. The sudden lift certainly didnt feel very good, but you needed to stand up.

"Seeing the world through the eyes of a hungover person is certainly an experience. Not a good one mind you, but an experience nonetheless."

Not very surprising.

"Let's get you back home, yeah?" Kakashi offers.

"Sounds good."

You give a smile of gratitude, it looking rather strange when mixed with your Kakyoin-style sunglasses.

He gives one of his closed eye smiles, and you both turn, quickly vanishing from the spot.

Tsunade, having watched the small scene, smiles.

Kakashi was a far better choice than Madara or that 'friend' of yours.

You both reappear in front of the couch, which you take the chance to flop onto (after throwing your shades onto the table, of course). "I may have slept a few hours ago, but that hasn't stopped me before." You declare, voice muffled in the cushions.

Kakashi observes your rather fast descent into unconsciousness, crouching down next to the couch. His hands rest on the edge as he makes sure you aren't about to die.