7

josh's pov now lol

im sitting in a meeting, thinking about tyler. he was acting strange last night, and i have a guess as to why, but it's a bit of a stretch...

my boss is saying something about stocks, and it means absolutely nothing to me. i cant focus on anything but him.

the girl next to me nudges my arm. "josh, you good?" she whispers.

i nod, but even in my silence its evident that im lying. however, she doesn't notice.

when i get out of the meeting, i sit back in my office and attempt to read through some paperwork. my mind keeps drifting back to tyler, and i find my pen wandering around the paper absentmindedly.

"fuck," i mumble to myself and pick my office phone up. i dial my secretary, and she picks in seconds.

"what can i do you for?" she answers.

"i need a new copy of johnson's paperwork," i rub my hand over my face and wait to hang up until after she assures me she'll have it on my desk in twenty minutes.

i shred the ruined first copy and take a sip of my now cold coffee, which only brings tyler to the forefront of my mind again.

i pull my phone out and text him.

josh: hey :)

i wait patiently for his reply, but he responds within the next minute.

tyler: hello

josh: salutations

tyler: hola

josh: bonjour

tyler: aloha

josh: hi

tyler: u win

josh: what did i win?

tyler: a spot at the one and only tyler josephs apartment for another dinner date perhaps?

butterflies arise in my stomach and i bite my lip and type out a reply.

josh: whats behind curtain number 2 tho

tyler: a dinner date at ur apartment with the one and only tyler joseph

josh: so either option is just dinner with u? lame. i wanted a new car.

tyler: why do u need a new car? i like ur motorcycle. makes u look badass.

badass, huh? does he like that in guys? should i wear a leather jacket?

my secretary walks in and i jump. she laughs and sets the paper down on my desk. "here you go, boss. fresh paper," she salutes me and turns to go.

"would i look good in a leather jacket?" i look up at her and she laughs more, turning back to me.

"sure. i think you'd look good in a leather jacket. maybe dye your hair. get some gages. punk edit josh."

"hm."

she shakes her head and leaves my office again, so i pull my phone back out.

josh: look? no, i am badass.

tyler: u have a good ass tho

josh: not as good as yours

tyler: shut up ill see u tonight

josh: see u then babe ;) x

i spend the rest of the day with a clearer mind, satisfied to know that ill be seeing tyler again tonight.

the phone rings on my desk and i pick it up. "hello?"

"you want to get lunch?"

"sure. where do you want to go?"

"i can drive us to mcdonalds?"

"lets go."

when we arrive at the restaurant, i order my food and steph orders hers. its ready within minutes and then we pick a booth.

"so, i have a date tonight," i take a fry and she raises her eyebrows.

"with tyler?" she shoves a chicken nugget in her mouth and i nod.

"yeah. we're having dinner at my place," i answer.

"oh, fun. are you two going to bang?"

"no, what the hell?!" i almost choke on the food in my mouth and take a sip of my coke.

she laughs and shakes her head. "chill. it was just a question."

"you're fired," i flip her off and take another bite of my food.

"love you, too," she eats another chicken nugget and i shake my head.

stephani has been my assistant ever since i got promoted, so its been a few years now. even if we never became friends, shes good at what she does and i couldn't get anything done without her help.

"the thing is, im worried he doesnt like me as much as i like him."

"why wouldn't he? you're awesome. you got this," she wipes her hands and finishes her food. "i promise."

(an: steph is my bestie and i love her)