53

tyler's point of view

i wake up on the first of january with a smile on my face. my alarm doesn't ruin my mood for a split second. i stand up, excited for what today holds.

once im dressed, i walk into the kitchen. josh is sitting at the table, eating a bowl of cereal.

"someones happy today," he smiles at me and i nod.

"mhm. im catering a wedding today. ive got to bake the cake and load it up. im so excited. they said i could stay and watch too! i love weddings," i sigh and grab my keys. "ive gotta go. ill text you," i kiss his cheek and then walk out.

i drive to the store, still smiling wide.

"good morning, lemondrop," i greet my employees warmly and they all call out their good mornings.

"you ready to get baking? we've got a few hours," jenna, who's already started prepping, asks me.

"you bet."

we spend every minute from then on baking and decorating, putting the pastries in boxes and wrapping them individually.

when it comes time to leave, we load everything into my car. and then we're off.

jenna sits in the back, steadying the cake, while i sit up front with the pastries.

"i love weddings," jenna comments when we pull into the venue. "ill be invited to yours, right?"

"of course! id invite you to be maid of honor if i didn't have a sister," i answer.

once we unload all the food and set it out, i arrange everything nicely and clap my hands.

"we did it," i sling my arm around jennas shoulders. "im proud of us. thank you for helping."

"anytime, tyler."

jenna and i sit on the bride's side, towards the back. we watch as the ceremony takes place, as the couple becomes husband and wife.

as they exchange vows, my mind wanders again to what my wedding will be like.

i picture josh in a suit, his hair grown out a bit and the bottom of his tattoos peeking out of his sleeve.

i see our friends and family sitting and smiling, dressed nicely.

id like our colorscheme to include yellow, and id like jim to be involved somehow.

i smile to myself at the thought of jim walking around, a bowtie clipped to his collar.

afterwards, when everyone is eating, a few people compliment my food. the bride and groom stop by our table as well, thanking us for coming and contributing.

from josh: hows it going, baby?

i smile at the notification that pops up on my phone screen.

from tyler: good :")

from josh: jim and i miss you! come home soon !!

from tyler: i love you uwu

from josh: uwu?

from tyler: uwu !!

from josh: worm

from josh: ***dork omg

from tyler: worm

from josh: i hate you

from tyler: sad úwù

from josh: ur a worm fr

from tyler: slimeball

from josh: stinky coward

from tyler: pieceof shof

from josh: shof

from tyler: angry ùwú

from josh: come home so i can kiss u

from josh: stupid worm

-

when i get home, i spend some time writing.

"can i hear it?"

i look up at him, my bottom lip between my teeth. "promise you won't laugh at me."

"i promise."

i clear my throat and begin.

"you know ive always been collected, calm, and chill. and you know i never look for conflict for the thrill. but if im feeling someone stepping towards you, can't describe just what im feeling. for you, id go step to a dude much bigger than me. for you, i know i would get messed up, weigh one-fifty-three. for you, i would get beat to smithereens."

when i finish, josh wraps an arm around me and kisses my cheek. "that was amazing, babyboy. why would i ever laugh at that?"

"because it wasnt a metaphor. if someone hit on you and i had to fight them, i would literally get beat to smithereens."

-

i wake up the next morning with josh and jim both with me. i don't have work today, so i decide then and there that im taking josh on a date.

"joshuaaaaa," i turn and rest my hand on his cheek, speaking quietly. "wake up, jish."

"wake me up inside," he mumbles, a small smile forms on his face and i giggle.

"i want to take you on a date today."

"that requires getting out of bed," he lays an arm across my waist and opens his eyes. "which is not something i was looking forward to."

"please? just let me take you somewhere."

"where?"

"we could go to that arcade down the road," i suggest, shrugging a bit. "and i can obliterate you at mario kart."

"bet."

"bet."

the drive to the arcade isn't a long one. we get there within the span of fifteen minutes, and i hold joshs hand as we walk inside.

i pay for both of us, against josh's will, and then we find the machines.

"who are you picking?" i ask, looking through the characters. i select bowser, and josh scoffs.

"not bowser evidently," he laughs a little. "bowser is too badass. you should be toad."

"okay, waluigi," i retort, a smile on my face. i love joking with him like this. i love being with him in general.

"shut up, i picked mario."

"lame. could you be anymore basic?" i shake my head and grip the steering wheel tightly as the countdown appears on the screen.

i quickly take first place, and josh takes fourth. a blue shell hits me out of basically nowhere, and im pushed back to fifth.

"i said whoever threw that blue shell, your moms a hoe," i mumble this to myself, entertained by my own humor.

"im telling laura you said that," josh says, a cocky smirk on his face as he takes my previous spot in first place.

"shut up," i take a shortcut and turn back onto the main road before he does, putting me back in first place.

it's fairly close after that, but i still finish the third lap before he does.

"loser!"

"worm."

(an: literally what is this chapter)