41

tyler's point of view

i wake up early, whining at my stupid alarm going off. i pull the covers over my head and snuggle into josh.

"daddy, turn it off," i complain, my thumb coming up to my mouth.

"huh?" his eyes open slowly and he sits up a bit. "baby, i can't reach your phone to turn it off if youre laying on me," he smiles sleepily at me and i blush, rolling over to pick up my phone from the bedside table.

i hand it to him and he turns my alarm off, but then continues to do something on my phone.

"what are you doin'?" i ask, cuddling up to him again and watching as he calls the cafe.

"you need to take the day off, hun. can't have my little boy going to work. you could hurt yourself," he says, holding the phone to his ear and waiting for someone to answer.

i nod and watch with wide eyes as he calls in for me, which im grateful for.

"alright, love. let me text stephani and then i can make you breakfast, yeah? how do pancakes sound?"

"yummy! i love pancakes!" i sit up and clap my hands. "i gonna go watch cartoons while i wait. is that okay, daddy?"

"of course it is," he sits up and kisses my cheek before he sets my phone aside and picks up his.

i crawl out of bed and walk into the living room, smiling when i see jim asleep on the couch.

"jimmy, wake up! its morning time! daddy is gonna make pancakes!" i rub his belly gently until he wakes up. i pull jim into my lap and turn on paw patrol. "look, jim, theres puppies just like you!"

he licks my cheek and i giggle. we cuddle and watch cartoons, and daddy walks out of the room fully ready for the day a few minutes into the episode.

"alright, im gonna start the pancakes now," he kisses my forehead and then goes into the kitchen, and the food is ready before i know it.

i sit at the table with daddy and jim sits under the table.

"these are so yummy!" i take a big bite of my food and josh smiles.

"im glad you like them," he takes a sip of his coffee. "maybe we could go see a movie today. what do you think?"

"really? a movie? in the theater?" i ask, my eyes wide. i feel like i haven't been to the movies in forever. "can we see the new spider-man movie? pretty please?"

"hmmmm," he hums while he thinks about it and i cross my fingers under the table. "will you be a good boy?"

"i will, i will! i promise!"

"okay. if you promise to be good, we can go," he picks up his napkin and reaches forward to wipe my face. "now, go get dressed and ill clean up so we can see when the next showing is."

i jump out of my seat and rush into our bedroom. jim follows me and jumps on the bed, rolling around in the blankets.

i strip my clothes off and put them in the hamper instead of leaving them on the floor because im a good boy.

once im dressed in some pants and one of daddy's softest hoodies, i brush my teeth and then pull my shoes on.

i skip back out to the living room, where josh is sitting on the couch.

"theres a showing in half an hour. we can leave early if you want. i think you need some gas in your car anyway," he stands up and shoves his phone in his pocket.

"i so excited," i tug on his hand and jump a little. "lets gooooo."

josh kisses my forehead and then we leave the apartment (after i wave goodbye to jim).

we walk to the car together and josh opens my door for me, latching my seatbelt.

"thank you, daddy!" i lean over and kiss his cheek when he gets in the car.

then, we're off.

the radio plays a song and i nod my head to it until we get to the gas station.

"alright, babyboy. you stay here while i get gas, okay?"

i nod. "i can do it! i a good boy," i tell him, smiling brightly.

"yes, you are," his kisses my cheek again and then gets out of the car.

he pumps the gas and i wait, playing a game on my phone until he's done. when he gets back in the car, he starts it up and we drive to the movie theater.

"daddy, i so excited," i tug on his sleeve while i wait for him to find a parking spot.

"i know, angel," he finally pulls into a space after, like, eight years, and then he unhooks both of our seatbelts and gets out of the car to open my door for me. "c'mon, cutie."

i squeal and climb out of the car. i hold his hand and swing it between us as we cross the lot to get in line.

daddy pays for our tickets and our popcorn, which we both know ill eat most of, and then we find seats.

as the movie plays, i shove handfuls of popcorn in my mouth, but then daddy stops me.

"no more, hun. you'll get a tummy ache," he whispers, setting the tub of food onto the floor.

"but i wan more," i cross my arms over my chest and he shakes his head.

"maybe later. i dont want you getting sick," he puts his hand on my knee and i swat it away. "tyler."

i knew i was being bad, and i could tell in his tone that i would probably be punished when we got home, but that didn't stop me.

"no."

-

i was right.

when we get home, daddy puts me in time out. i sit in my chair facing the corner, mumbling about how mean he is under my breath.

"don want time out," i pout and stomp my foot a little, hoping he'll let me out if i whine enough.

"shouldnt have been so rude, baby," josh answers from where he sits on the couch, doing grown-up things for his work. "now stop talking. you have five minutes left."

(an: not the time out omg rude)