39

josh's point of view

tyler and i are both at work now, but he's all i can think about. i picture him baking, flour on his face and icing on his apron. but all im doing is writing up more paperwork.

theres a knock on my office door, and stephani peeks her head in the door. "are you busy?"

"nah, come in," i answer, running a hand through my hair. "you think i should get a hair cut?"

"how short?" she sits down in front of my desk.

"i don't know. i kind of want to shave it," i answer, tugging at my roots.

"go for it," she answers, nodding. "yeah. anyway, im extrememly tired. can you go on your lunch break and get me a free coffee from your boyfriend so i dont pass out?" she smiles widely and bats her eyelashes, "please?"

i roll my eyes and groan dramatically. "ughhh, i guess i can take time out of my work day to see the love of my life and get some delicious coffee at a reasonable price."

"thanks," she stands up, "you're the best," she turns her hands to finger guns and walks out of my office without saying anything else.

i finish up the page im on and then stand, grabbing my wallet and phone and then shoving them in my pocket.

once i get out of the building and onto my bike, i feel amazing. the air is cold and crisp and knowing im going to get a hot coffee makes things ten times better. and seeing tyler is always a plus.

i enter lemondrop and glance around. the cafe is bustling with customers, and the smell of cocoa, coffee, and cookies.

i wait in line until its my turn, and a man who is not tyler stands at the counter.

"hi, welcome to lemons. what can i get for you?" he smiles brightly at me.

"can i see tyler, please?" i ask, glancing behind him.

"is there anything i can help you with? im a manager as well," he raises his eyebrows slightly.

"oh. no, i, uh-"

"hey, josh," jenna comes up behind the man, a smile on her face. brendon, as his nametag reads, steps back for her to take his position. "yo, brenny, this is josh. he's tylers boyfriend. not an angry customer," she pats his back. "ill go get ty."

brendon nods as jenna disappears. "sorry. i didnt know. my names brendon," he sticks his hand out and i shake it.

"josh. dont worry about it," i reply, feeling slightly awkward. when tyler comes out of the kitchen, i breathe a sigh of relief. "hey, tyler."

he holds a finger out to say he'll be with me in a second, already beginning to make my drink.

"can you make something for stephani too?" i ask, hoping its not too much.

"of course," he turns to smile at me and turns on another machine.

once the coffees are made, he comes around the counter and wipes his hands on his apron before hugging me. "hey, joshua," he smiles up at me, "nice to see you."

"you too," i kiss his forehead. "how is your day going?"

"its good. ive just been working on some recipes, as always," he shrugs and then lets go of me, walking back behind the counter to hand me the two drinks. "you?"

"im thinking of getting a haircut, and that's been the most climactic part of my day," i sigh. "been thinking about you though."

"aww," he kisses my cheek and smiles. "well, i think jennas roommate is a hairdresser. im sure she wouldnt mind."

"hm. okay. ask jenna about it for me? im gonna head back to work."

"i love you," he gives me another smile and a small wave.

-

when the time finally comes that i do get to go home and be with tyler, he doesn't waste any time before going into our bed.

"come here," he tugs his shirt off and throws it at me.

"oh?"

"yes. come cuddle me," he kicks his pants off and then pulls the blankets down to crawl under them.

"oh," i laugh a little and undress down to my boxers before i get into bed next to him. i wrap my arms around him and press a soft kiss to his shoulder. "i love you."

"i love you," he mumbles. jim jumps into the bed, and tyler giggles sleepily. "i love you too, jim."

"but you love me more, right?"

"well..."

i playfully pinch the skin on his waist where my hand is. "that was mean."

"hey," he whines but smiles anyway, "i only dont love you more because i love you most."

-

the next day at work is the same, except today i get a phone call from my mom.

she says she's calling to check in on me, but i know she's probably calling about thanksgiving.

im proved right when she asks about what dish im bringing, and i sigh.

"i don't know. i bet i can get tyler to give me some pastries," my words come out nonchalantly, but my mom clears her throat.

"who's tyler?"

"oh," my eyes widen a bit, "um, tyler is my boyfriend."

"well, why didnt you tell us about him?" she says. she doesn't sound upset, which im grateful for.

"i dont know. never came up?"

we finish the conversation on a lighter note, with her telling me he's welcome to come for thanksgiving, and she can't wait to meet him.

(an: hm.)