22

still josh's point of view lol

once we get to my place, tyler kicks off his shoes and flops onto my couch. he pats the seat beside him for me to sit down.

once i sit down, he swings his leg over so he's sitting on my lap, facing me. he rests his hands on my shoulders and just smiles.

"i missed you," he tells me, his voice hushed and soft.

"i know," i let my hands rest on his hips and he rolls his eyes.

"youre supposed to say you missed me back," he informs me of the social norm that i broke on purpose. his voice tells me he's on the brink of falling into littlespace.

"you missed me back," i repeat his words and laugh when he groans in annoyance, sliding off of my lap to sit next to me with his arms crossed over his chest. "what? i said what you told me to."

he looks at me with wide, doe eyes that are filled with tears. "you didn't miss me."

shit.

i pull him back onto my lap and hug him tightly. "i did. i missed you so much, baby boy. daddy missed you so much."

he looks up at me, his eyes still wide and tearful. "promise?"

i offer him a small, soft smile and nod. "i promise, angel."

god, im an ass.

"c-can we watch some cartoons?"

"of course, sweetheart. what do you want to watch?" i reach over the couch to take the remote and turn on the television.

"i dunno," he shrugs and shuffles around until he's sitting next to me instead of on my lap. "can we watch the pj masks?"

i kiss his cheek. "of course, love."

after a few episodes, tyler is completely engrossed in the show. my mind wanders a bit though. i think about what it'd be like if we lived together. we haven't been together long enough for that to be reasonable, but the honeymoon phase of our relationship is in full swing. tyler said he missed me even though it'd only been three days or so since we'd seen each other last, so im sure he would be down to live with me, but its too soon to tell if he'd change his mind.

"d-daddy, are you okay?" tyler tugs on the bottom of my shirt and i turn to look at him.

"im sorry, what?" i ask him to clarify and he shrugs.

"you look sad, daddy. are you okay?"

i wrap my arm around his shoulders. "im fine, pumpkin. i just got caught up in my thoughts a little bit."

"you know what makes me feel better when i get sad?" he's still looking at me with those big brown eyes and i shake my head and wait for him to continue. "cuddles," he wraps his arms around me and cuddles into my side. "is it working?"

"yes, it is. thank you, ty," i squeeze him back and then start to tickle him.

he squeals and squirms around, laughing as my fingers tickle his ribs.

"n-no, stop," he pleads in between fits of laughter, "daddyyyy."

i only stop when his phone rings. we both look over at where it sits on the coffee table. the name 'alex' lights up on his phone and insecurities flow through my head.

"i don wanna answer," tyler pouts, still slightly breathless from laughing so hard.

"do you want me to?" i ask and he nods, so i pick it up for him, "tyler joseph's phone, what can i do for you?"

"hello? who is this?" alex's voice filters through the phone speakers and i glance at tyler, but he's already back to watching his cartoon.

"this is tyler's boyfriend. can i take a message?" my voice comes out more bitterly than i meant it to, so i clear my throat in hopes it covers it up.

"oh. um, can you tell him i'm going to be an hour late to work tomorrow? ill explain to him when i get there, if thats okay," he explains his situation to me, but i couldn't care less.

"yeah, okay. sure. ill let him know," i hang up after he says thanks, and then i put tyler's phone back onto the table. i look over at tyler and most of my anxiety melts away. "you feeling sleepy yet, baby boy?"

he shakes his head, but yawns two seconds later. "definitely not. i a big boy. i dont get sleepy."

he does fall asleep eventually though. i turn the tv off and pick him up. he's heavier than i thought he would be, not that i care. i carry him, with minimal difficulty, to my bed and lay him down. after i change, i lay down next to him and wrap my arms around him.

"good night, tyler."

my mind shuts down not long after, and i dream of my sweet baby and what it'll be like when we do eventually live together.

(an: editing this is weird because some of it is written is past tense for some reason??? and also halfway through i started making the povs and ans in BOLD????? why????)