65

tyler's point of view

i straighten my tie, my heart pounding in my chest.

"you excited?" jennas smile is wide.

"very much so."

"alright. then lets do this."

when i walk out of the room, jenna leads me to the ceremony hall. maddy is there, and so are mia and pepper.

mia is the flower girl and pepper is the ring bearer. it is traditionally a young boy who does that, but i chose pepper because we couldn't get jim trained in time.

"here we go," maddy whispers to me and then leans down to tell mia its time.

she heads out and and the music begins to play.

maddy and jenna are next, each walking with one of my brothers.

my mom, who's been quiet until now, takes my arm. "i love you so much, honey," she smiles, tears in her eyes.

"i love you too, mom."

and then we walk.

when i see josh standing at the alter, my heartbeat slows and im immediately more calm. he's there. and he's mine.

the way he's smiling at me still brings butterflies to my stomach.

when we reach the end of the aisle, my mom kisses my cheek and then takes a seat. i take my place at the alter. and then we begin.

i do my best to take note of every detail down to the shoes the pastor is wearing.

"do you, joshua, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"i do."

"and do you, tyler, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"i do."

-

during the reception, im greeted by at least fifty people. each of them give me and josh their congratulations and well wishes. we thank each of them with a smile and a hug and/or handshake.

it's all exhausting in the best way possible.

once things have settled and everyone is sitting and eating or on the dance floor, josh and i finally have a moment to talk.

"you're stuck with me now," i smile at him and he smiles back at me. my cheeks hurt at this point with how much ive been smiling at people, but i wouldnt have it any other way.

"im okay with that," he leans forward and presses a gentle kiss to my lips and various cheers erupt across the room.

"why are they clapping?" i giggle and feel my cheeks grow pink, whether its from all the attention on us or all the champagne ive consumed, i couldn't say.

"id clap if i saw you smile like that too."

"smile like what?"

"like youre in love. like youre genuinely happy."

"i just so happen to be both of those things, mr. dun."

"as do i, mr. dun."

-

"where are we going?"

"the hotel."

"then why aren't we moving?"

"because theres traffic in new york, my love."

i tilt my head to look at josh, taking his hand in mine. "thats dumb. i wish we could teleport."