50: part one

tyler's point of view

jenna is in the back with me, prepping ingredients. up front, ryan and ashley are cleaning and working the cash register while brendon serves.

with christmas coming up, ive been especially stressed. christmas is a busy time for the cafe, and jennas special christmas fruitcake has been particularly popular.

"god, the concert was so much fun," i gush about last night, smiling brightly.

"im sure. what are you two doing for christmas?" she asks, prepping some dough.

"hes coming to my family's on christmas, and we're both going to his family's the next day," i tell her, measuring out some chocolate chips.

"what did you get him?"

"i got him a pair of shoes and some clothes. i didnt really know what else to get," i sigh and set aside the chocolate. "whatd you get your boyfriend?"

"oh, nothing. we broke up. but i got bella a few things," she blushes a little and i raise my eyebrows.

"ooh? who's bella?"

"a friend from one of my classes... i mean we're not dating or anything though so its not a big deal," she adds, her cheeks still red. "it is what it is."

"whatever it is, im happy for you."

i decide to stop by josh's work before i head home, a box of pastries in hand.

when i get to his floor, i let stephani pick a couple snacks for herself and then open josh's door slowly.

"joooshua," i step in and close the door behind me. "i brought you a surprise," i set the box on his desk and sit across from him. "how are you?"

"much better now," he smiles at me and takes some food from the box. "thank you."

"you're welcome. i just thought id stop by before going home for the night. since ill have the house to myself i can wrap your presents without worrying about you seeing them."

"but i want to know what they are," he pouts a little and i reach forward to wipe a crumb off of his chin.

"sucks."

-

at home, i take my time wrapping each present, but i wrap josh's first, just in case he comes home early. once they're all done, i arrange them under the tree.

jim sniffs at them, and i pick him up. "no, sir. youre coming with me," i carry him to our bedroom and set him on the bed. i lay down and he lays next to me.

i smile and then decide to take my notebook out and grab a pen, writing out some new lyrics.

'when everyone you thought you knew deserts your fight, ill go with you. you're facing down a dark hall, ill grab my light and go with you.'

i get so lost in my writing, humming and even singing quietly, that i don't notice josh is home until he speaks.

"that's really good, tyler."

i jump and he laughs a little. "you scared me," i tell him, "but thank you."

"youre welcome. i noticed you put presents under the tree, so i moved yours under there too," he strips his shirt off and lets his pants fall, changing into his sweatpants and a t-shirt.

i close my notebook and bite my lip. "is there anything specific you wanted for christmas?"

"hmm," he pauses to think and comes to lay down next to me. except he doesn't. he lays above me and kisses me slowly. "that's it."

"i kiss you all the time," i blush and wrap my arms around his neck.

"and i love it every time," he kisses me again and i smile into his lips.

"youre annoying. you probably got me something amazing and my present for you sucks."

he falls to lay next to me and turns his head to face me. "im not very picky. and you know me, so im sure ill like whatever you picked out."

"you're lame."

"you love me."

-

its now christmas eve. josh is asleep and im laying awake in bed next to him, overthinking everything.

i shift and sigh quietly, hoping i don't wake the man next to me.

but i do.

"baby, get some rest," he slings an arm lazily across my waist and kisses the back of my neck.

i do eventually fall asleep, and when i wake up im in the same position, josh's arm across me, i lift it and turn to face him.

"i don't want a lot for christmas," i start singing quietly to wake him up. "there is just one thing i need. and i don't care about the presents underneath the christmas tree. i just want you for my own, more than you could ever know. make my wish come true. all i want for christmas is you," i hold the last note and his eyes blink open.

"you are so amazing," is the first thing he says, his voice raspy.

"i love you," i kiss his nose and he smiles.

"i love you, baby. merry christmas," he leans forward and kisses my forehead.

i snuggle into him and he hums.

"as much as id love to stay like this all day, we have to get out of bed," he sits up and stretches. "come on, love. i want you to open your presents here."

"what?"

he stands and i follow him. he bends down to pick up a wrapped box and hands it to me. "i hope you like it."

i tear the paper open and as soon as i see what it is, i smile brightly. "a key board? josh, i love it," i set it down on the couch and then hug him tightly.

"now you can play me cute love songs," he laughs a little. "go open the other one."

"another one? josh, stop," i sigh but take the next box he hands me. inside is a ukulele, and i squeal a little. "thank you, thank you, thank you."

"merry christmas, ty."

i look up at him and frown a little. "my presents for you arent nearly this amazing. i just got you shoes and some clothes," i look at the boxes of the presents he bought me sitting next to each other now on the couch. "i suck."

my heart sinks a little at the fact that i can't give him anything nearly as amazing as what he's given me, but he just smiles.

"baby," he kisses my forehead. "thats perfect. thank you so much."

"i love you."

"i love you. now lets go get ready so we can go to your parents' house."

(an: ended abruptly ? my bad)